Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

It’s great how you and your Dad share the same passion for hifi :+1:

Does he visit here? Pass on regards

1 Like

Just seen the HiFi Pig report on the Pensils - they look interesting, well done both. Any chance of a bake-off or private listen Rob?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s been a ‘thing’ since I was about 13-14 years old I think, Dad went CD and I nicked his TT :slight_smile:, I set up really well in my bedroom and then when he realised how good it could sound he wanted it back! :slight_smile:.

I don’t think he’s on here no, he mostly posted on Audiophiles UK group on facebook these days.

2 Likes

Pensil Cabinet Kit With Pluvia Eleven Drivers | Hifi Pig if anyone else is vaguely interested.

Unfortunately they went back to Stefan I good while ago, but I would happily give them space here, I thought they were terrific, easy build too.

Some crappy pictures of the current system taken the other night in much haste.
I am now quite pleased with the sound of it.

7 Likes

What speakers are they?

EPOS Epic 5.

Thanks

Is that a Sony 9000 ES dvd spinner ? Good for sacds

Indeed it is, it’s a pretty handy CD player too.

I’ve just bought a £16.50 Panasonic DVD player, I’m going to AB against the Sony tonight.

Secret: DVD-S500EB-K :wink:

They sound fantastic, the improvement over the KR & Gold Lions is not subtle.

12 Likes

I have bought a pair of RCA 18" bass drivers by osmosis from Tonbridge audio show today.
I spoke to the guy on the phone via a mate who told me about them.

http://www.rcf.it/image/image_gallery?uuid=b4ccd107-e58a-48b7-b3df-34891cd76c28&groupId=216492&t=1236242817502

I found out afterwards that it was Non smoking Man Jack -Small world.

1 Like

I saw those at the jumble. Nice buy. What are you going to do with them?

Another OB project for the future.

I will probably sell a pair of my 15" era on eBay

those 4 would look nice in my Italian beast…

That could be interesting. Hope you got them for a good price and had a car with you - wouldn’t fancy carrying those home on the train :slight_smile:

I wasn’t there -A friend phoned me about them and paid for them
i pick them up from Bicester on Weds

Best of luck with the new project

Anybody know if you can repair a Firestone BigJoe class d amp?

I have dug up and sold/selling loads of old hifi kit in prep for a possible more later this year.
A small wall load of bits is adequate.
Whilst doing this I have rearranged my OB bits 90 degrees from my norm and mocked up a new vinyl deck to see if I want to sell the last bits - No I don’t.
I am getting used to the new sound

7 Likes