Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

New system.:anguished:

8 Likes

Source thingy???

Are those the clever-clever active KEFs?

1 Like

Playing musical boxes again Paul?

2 Likes

Change is good - or something like that.:crazy_face:

But I have put my back into spasm (first time in about 4 years) trying to adjust one of the spikes on the stands so I can’t even sit down to listen now.:weary:
I would have ‘dressed’ the mains cables much more neatly for the photo but I couldn’t bend down to do it.

It’s all there in front of you. :grinning:

I only use Tidal these days though the Kef app is a bit slow and glitchy (might need a new 5k router from what I have read on some forums?) so I might just buy another Auralic Mini and stream from that.

Very nice. I fancied / fancy a pair myself.

I’ll be interested to hear how you get on with them.

New cart for the SL1200.

Ortofon MC200 Concorde

3 Likes

Which SL1200 have you got, a mk2?

Cool, keep it period.

2 Likes

Yep Mk2, Mr. Bobc is currently borrowing it.

My thoughts.

1 Like

Must be tempting to change the bearing, arm board, arm, platter, platter mat, feet and power supply. Will be close to an sp10 if you do. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I have two SP10 Mk2 why bother. It’s a stock SL1200 and it’s staying that way except for the crappy mat. It even has the stock headshell and cart (which is crap), hence the Ortofon.

Or I could follow some idiots at PFM or AoS and spend £5K on a SL1200.

3 Likes

Agree, they are what they are. I’m keeping an eye for for a mint mk2 1200, or i may just buy a new 1200gr.

I suspect the new 1200 will actually get close to an SP10. The motor control appears to be a good deal more sophisticated. It is amusing that the fanbois who worship the old 1200 haven’t confronted the fact that the new one is probably better for a deal less than they’ve been throwing at their original ones.

4 Likes

The same philosophy has spiralled into adding commissioned bespoke linear PSU’s to crappy W.D. NAS boxes in Foo’d up audio streaming set-ups.

1 Like

There are loads of threads about this on PFM at the moment. :unamused:

The funniest had a bloke claiming that changing the USB lead from his server to his DAC affects the sound quality :robot:.

You really do have to be a complete cunt to give any credence to this sorta sorry ass shit making any difference.

3 Likes

Not that I use a NAS box, but you have to try it before making a conclusion surely? There are differences in technology to CD transport and RJ45 streaming connection.