Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Great choice :+1:

Ex dem Aesthetix Romulus Signature. Arrived at the weekend. I had been looking for a one box DAC/CDP for a while now. In standard form it was on a par with the Meitner but the Signature definitely takes things up a level. God knows how good the Eclipse must be. We got a hour or twos listening in at my bake on Saturday but now the whole system is boxed up now for some room refurbishment so it will be a few weeks before I get any further listening in.

I actually think I’m done now on the hifi front. I really hope so.

5 Likes

7 Likes

It really did sound nice, Nick. A lot to look forward to, when the room is done.

As if :roll_eyes:

IMG_0870

5 Likes

Yep - me too.:rofl:

I finished years ago

1 Like

Well at least it won’t be in the classifieds in 2 weeks time :smile:

2 Likes

They say a week is a long time in politics so I don’t see why it should be any different in hi-fi.:clown_face:

2 Likes

It’s not a long time in prog.

VB

11 Likes

Yes merely Side A track one ‘Faerie flute fuck a doodle: intro (part I)’

5 Likes

Oi! Less mentioning of the feckin’ flutes please. :rage:

1 Like

Back to shiny new things…

Not tempting fate but advance thanks, to Olan, for a new box taxi digout!

2 Likes

Sounds like something that might happen to you in the back of an Uber at 3:00am

2 Likes

Me too. There’s nothing I crave that I could ever afford.

Got some taller stands (Dynaudio Stand 2 which I have filled with kiln dried sand) for the Kefs so the tweeter is now pretty much at ear height.

They really are very impressive indeed. Got a nice sub coming next week to see if I can wring a bit more out of them.

6 Likes

Stand mounts are great, especially with subs.

1 Like

Well I have played about with a REL T5 sub but decided I preferred the Kefs on their own.

I had my tongue firmly in my cheek when I said I was finished with the hifi merry-go-round but barring a serious windfall I really don’t think I’ll be changing anytime soon.
Even had the chance to buy another pair of Avantgarde Zero’s on the cheap but decided the Kefs suit my room better.
Just need to borrow a Windows 10 laptop so I can update the firmware which will hopefully iron out the few little software glitches.

Highly recommended.

1 Like

I’m sure someone will be running a book on the time to a major change :rofl:

1 Like