Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

If you don’t like it Stu I’d like to hear the Decca on my moerch

1 Like

It was a fairly cheap arm and just off the bottom of the Decca range for the cart. It was only idiot Ivor that came up with the idea of £10 carts on £500 decks.

Deccas work well in Moerch arms. Got a pal who uses that combo.

Don’t worry, you’re not the only one…:confused:

1 Like

I still have one, it’s an investment, I use it in my bedroom system, the nicest one I have owned and ironically the oldest.

Lots of shiny things all working!

After some proper fannying about and soldering (yes, soldering!).

New cart, phono stage, pre and power supply.

The Sony is set up and the sound is now spot on. I can’t thank Wayne enough for his time!

9 Likes

Sounded fab :+1:

And yes, much fannying, which is half the fun of analogue :grinning:

Those Sony 6750’s are great turntables

I do have to agree that fannying with vinyl is much more fun than with computer audio :+1:

1 Like

difficult to fix a corrupt hard drive that has your music collection on, i just grew tired of it…

Talking of fannying about…

We had to solder the headshell wires as the female sleeves had snapped off the wires due to age and metal fatigue. Was a proper faff and steady hands Wayne was solder chief while I provided lighting and moral support. And a shit solder iron.

Anyone recommend a place to send the headshell back for some shiny new wires and terminations?

And I could do with a spare Sony SH150 H magnesium headshell if anyone can point me cheaper than the 50 quid eBay ones ??

Thanks.

Buy a Sumiko headshell, the Sony deserves it…

OOpps, they seem to be unobtainable, the Jelco one looks very similar, a case of rebranding?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/head-shell-HS-25-magnesium-alloy-body-NEW-Official-JELCO-made-in-Japan-F-S-/282602311414?hash=item41cc690ef6:g:6LUAAOSw8btZiKs-

Maybe I can just buy and fit myself? Willl these fit anything?
If not I need to send it somewhere to add new leads.

1 Like

Just check the original leads aren’t soldered on before you buy the new ones and they should fit.

1 Like

FFS just make sure that they are linear crystal oxygen-free copper litz wire :rolling_eyes:

These are good.

With the right set of electrical tweezers you can usually push h/shell lead tags off gently enough that any terminations won’t suffer if still intact.

Mostly it is easy to find a big enough gap to slide the point in & push the tags off in a totally ‘yank free’ manner. Had some ham fisted clown pushed the tags firmly against the h/shell in your case Steve?

Most of us don’t have sufficient need to warrant buying tweezers, but you obviously need a pair to go with your magnifying glass :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes