Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

They do make their own drivers & use a Kraft paper for the diaphragms which incorporates 5% wool. A lot of their thinking on driver design is informed by what various manufacturers were doing with materials & magnets in the 50’s & 60’s. Their sister company Magnat tends to do the high tech modern materials stuff & gets very different results.

1 Like

:thumbsup:

I think this is what sets them apart and makes them so special. Even my old Heco Celan 300’s have kraft-paper main driver cones, made of long-fibre pulp from Nordic trees with ten per cent wool for damping and they have a fabulous sound and tonality for such a cheap (in relative terms) speaker.

Don’t know how I’d ever replace them if they gave up the ghost.

I use two of them, never had any issues with 30 years of use. Also have a Goldring one. I don’t use fluids.

1 Like

Here are some pictures of Acoustic Plan Veena and it’s smaller brother Avarta using Lowther units. Never heard them and never seen them second hand. Some reviews though.

1 Like

Organised vinyl with new alphabetical dividers made from old records

9 Likes

Nice! Where are the cupboards from?

Ikea

What’s the dimensions?

382Wx842Hx196D not including the feet

Cross brace and bracket to the wall:

1 Like

Alternatively, stand it the right way up so that the loads work in your favour. That fail occurred because the weight of the records is on the dowels holding the short shelves in place rather than on the long shelves.

User error.

4 Likes

Fuck me, you missed your vocation - should have been a joiner/carpenter. :+1:

Would’ve been better for us too, you maybe wouldn’t have picked up the knowledge go on and on and on about the usual shite you spout. :rofl:

3 Likes

I would have been a splendid carpenter if I wasn’t useless as building things. Also, the fact that my DIY usually spontaneously combusts doesn’t suggest a vocation behind the saw was a particularly good idea.

As for the rest of your post, you may feck off immediately and not return until you are required to perform your duties as a Festive Doppelganger.

1 Like

Is that a DAC90 on the shelf?

Just repaired one of those for a friend.

Mine has additional bracing I added to the back across the shelves and uprights. All joints glued to avoid a collapse.

You might need a hand if you ever need to get it out of the room. There’s this bloke called Speedy Steve …

VB

2 Likes

Don’t think it’s ever leaving the front room without a sledge hammer being involved. :flushed:

i wasn’t aware it was a DAC90 all I know is it’s a old valve radio
We would be interested in getting it working again. If we had an idea on costs etc. Would it be expensive?

Picked this up cheap a couple of weeks ago,stilton jobbie one.
Only had a couple of years use.

4 Likes