Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Yes, it’s G’s oldun. Bought it from J_B.

I’m selling the Pro-Ject to a neighbour (or moving it to the brewery, depending.) I’ve been faffing about deciding what to get next and this came up. I’ve been curious about DD anyway.

I’ll be fitting my 2M Blue for the short term. Then fitting a Hana SL and getting an appropriate PS.

3 Likes

It’s rubbish.

1 Like

I’ve gone off you :unamused:

1 Like

You were getting a bit friendly :wink:

1 Like

I suspect you’ll be alarmed at how much better it is than a Pro-Ject.

2 Likes

We used to replace those headshells with solid ones and removed the rubber gasket for sound improvement. And get a mat upgrade.

1 Like

Worth checking it’s quiet enough with an MC. @stu had hum with his.

Did @stu discover the cause ?

No,i never found out what the problem was.
I tried an MM cart which was fine,so pretty sure it was nothing i had/hadn’t done.
I had only just bought the Hana,otherwise i would have been happy to buy a decent MM cart for it.
Shame as i really liked the deck.
I know others have used MCs with no problems

Thanks for that.

Time will tell, I guess.

Arriving tomorrow, looking forward to these as I really like Shahinians.

1 Like

great looking things, hope to hear some one day (subtle way of saying let me know…)

enjoy!

What happened to the Primes?

Or are you going for the @ICHM approach of the “shop that never sells anything”?

There’s not going to be much room in the combi once you have squeezed those lads in there. :grinning:

1 Like

Very nice. What amps you thinking of driving those with?

Are they a pair? Holes both offset to the right!

1 Like

They are designed that way.

I keep about 50%. Harrumph

Have still got them, hoping to keep them unless the tax bill is bigger than I thought.

Modwright KWI 200

200 watts into 8 ohms
350 watts into 4 ohms
650 watts into 2 ohms

The specs say 400 watts into 2 but Dan said to realistically expect less as at that power the distortion would be huge.

2 Likes