Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Great arms, I prefer mine to the V I have.

Have now purchased the Accustic Arts ES amp off Nick.

Not an amp to instantly impress (I actually told Nick it was bit soft and boring after 24 hours😯), but it’s really got under my skin over the last week or so and has the most lovely liquid midband with superb imaging and separation.

2 Likes

Sounds like it has about a week left! :grin:

6 Likes

I’ve had one of these in my office system for the last month.

DiDiT DAC 212SE

1 Like

Not shiny and not new and it is in nasty 80s black like this.
Got to go and get it next week.

2 Likes

Very nice it is too👌

I’ve got a IIXE900 with an RB300 and it’s a really good deck. Also in black ash, I keep meaning to veneer it in something more attractive, or maybe build an exact copy of the plinth in oak, but never seem to have the time…

I have a 900 here which i stripped back.
Will be doing the same with this one.
I’ll put up my progress.

Will probably take the 250 off,and use the 200 i have.

I’ll give it a fortnight

1 Like

That looks in nice condition - too good to strip , embrace the black its eightiestastic :+1:

That’s not the actual one.
I’ll see what it’s like when i pick it up.

This one

2 Likes

To very few peoples taste. A rough pair of Lowther TP1’s with PM3’s. Nice to not have to worry about a crossover (Crossover issues are a specialty in Cassa Audio Fail) Drivers back from Lowther for Re mag and service…Screaming like my student neighbors at the moment, hoping they will loosen up…

3 Likes

Apparently it takes quite some time for the drivers to fully loosen, like years.

Certainly >100 hours. You need to leave them attached to a cd player on repeat over the weekend with some fulsome sounding disc playing.

Nice,never heard a pair

Lucky you.

1 Like

CD Player and T-amp on duty…I would say I’ll break these like Mr. MWs would break a Nun but Mr. MWS never actually breaks anything other than his own mind.

I vote for Yothu Yindi and Treaty on repeat.

I liked my time with Lowthers, they do some things really well. Problem is to get bass you need a massive back loaded horn, and integrating a sub never worked for me.

The project I’d like to do with them is to use them from 200Hz, with open baffle bass underneath (15"), and a compression driver from about 1.2kHz above. That should avoid the shouty range, and play to their strengths. Could be a nice 96dB/W speaker then.