Looking really tasty :+1:

Looks great, can’t wait to see next weeks set up :joy:

6 Likes

surely you mean tomorrows set up…

1 Like

A fooey wanky wire.

SY355

Monster MC 750HD-6M EU High Speed HDMI Cable- 6m

For the purpose of hooking up my new Asus ROG gaming laptop to my Nakamichi A/V processor & TV gubbins which is an adjunct to the main system thanks to the flexibility of my hif i amps. :eyeglasses:

£8 delivered vs £120 RRP

I won’t wire my telly up to anything cheaper than these

1 Like

what about the gubbins though?

I remember being impressed by these at Scalford a few years ago with Mr Perceptive.

Are those the people two doors up from Stu ? They’re not cable believers I think. Who knows what they use …

VB

1 Like

I like the thought of a family of Gubbins, hoarding stuff everyone has jettisoned

I would like to see a site called ‘Hifi Womble’ where hoarders of hifi can gather and share their crusty tails of floor to ceiling Grundon bin Sanyo finds.

Some of the Facebook HiFi groups are a bit like that.

1 Like

Please to linky, inner troll stirring over here

Audiokarma.image

2 Likes

Nothing specific, but I see all sorts up dumpster rescue crap appearing in my feed. Have a look what groups I’m a member of on FB.

Basically anything with ‘vintage’ in the title. ‘vintage’=‘crapola’

1 Like

I don’t have Facebook but I did see a Facebook page for a record shop in Newcastle that were selling hi-fi units with turntables, labelled as either vintage or shabby chic. I was embarrassed just looking.

Do they rub them down and paint them with chalky paint? That would look, uh, never mind…

OK, for a laugh I asked Absolute Sounds what a new pair of bass units would be for the Sonus Faber Electa’s, and you have to guess how much, Clue is that they are modified Dynaudio apparently, the MW180.

£600