Looks good! It would be great to hear what it’s like to use idc

Jealous! :heart_eyes:

I have one they are brilliant.:heart_eyes:

Ok, how much? :roll_eyes:

Does it clean records as well?

I bloody hope so!

How noisy is it Wayne?

You mean ‘how quiet is it?’ :slightly_smiling_face:

Depends on the frequency range of your hearing.

Pardon?

1 Like

Just the drying fan that makes a noise apparently.

The noise is more the oooohs and ahhhs of jealous colleagues ?

1 Like

£2.3K, that is not cheap.

They appear to have increased in price quite a lot from when I was looking at them…perhaps they have also added the word “Pro” to the name/model number?

if you go to a show where they are being demo’d you can usually get a discount. Also I saw someone buy the demo one as “ex demo” from a show with a hefty discount.

Mind you that was the only demo I’ve seen where they don’t leak. I have seen these demoed a few times, and all times apart from one I have seen them leak. I did try to ask them a question once about leakage, but they drowned me out by switching on their demo machine.

I think the concept is interesting. I’m guessing if you were doing lots of records 5 min drying times might be a drag?

Well I managed to buy a non leaking unit for c 40% of RRP. Still in shrink wrap etc.

I suppose the 5 min dry times are offset by the fact that it cleans both sides simultaneously?

3 Likes

Obvious, but would be good to know what a difference you find it makes, particularly with new vinyl once you have it up and running…looks a serious bit of kit👍

How’s the new amp?

Arrived yesterday morning, so managed to escape the office to set up and have a listen for a couple of hours. Conclusion was that it is the first time I have had a real quality sound in my room. I was able to pay attention to layers and detail in songs, with a real three dimensional soundstage. Not something I’ve had before. No issues with bass, it does seem the amp matches the speakers very well as it provides lots of even handed low level info, not just one note thumps but a rich depth.

Beats to Stevie’s Superstition were addictive, this song often disappoints by sounding flat, so was the proof of the pudding for me.

Simply put I was searching for something that would clearly outperform the Quad 99/909, like switching from 720p to 1080p on a display. That’s what it gives. Everything is clearly better and justifies the spends. Most I have listened to up to £6k have bettered in some areas, but lacked in others.

So a happy ending, got a Denon PMA 2500NE from a local dealer to compare, which has so far proved what the extra investment in the Plinius returns.

Will post some pics when home, wife thinks it’s a brute😬

8 Likes

Not exactly in the system, but what I bought for the hols…

Surprisingly good for a ton

1 Like