Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Yes, couple of years back IIRC. I hadn’t spoken to him in a while and found the website gone, managed to track him down for a chat and he sounded in a good place living somewhere down on the south coast.

1 Like

Finally had a chance to plug the Audiodesk RCM in and clean a few records.

I can therefore confirm:

• It cleans records
  • It dries records
  • It makes a noise but nothing like a vacuum and scrub design
  • It doesn’t leak

Overall very pleased. Did a lovely job of bringing my first press copy of Innervisions up to an audible improvement. Bar the odd click it sounds new.

8 Likes

I have one as well, takes the gunk off so any clicks or pops that are left are on the pressing or from previous damage.

The only downside is if it goes faulty it’s got to go back to Germany, and even then you’ll get a recoditioned one back, cost £500 to boot, mine plays up now and agian, hopfully it won’t break anytime soon.

I’m thinking about building an ultrasonic cleaner myself.

1 Like

Me too. The best looking kits are a few hundred quid for what amounts to a few poles and a motor.
(Excluding the bath unit).

I know there are those on here with the skill to build something but I suspect the economies of scale make it costlier than it should be. The nicest one I saw was 800 plus for a glorified scaffold unit.

Forgot i bought this from Japan sometime ago.
Not exactly hi end,but perfect for going through a load of iffy singles i want to try;

2 Likes

I can build 2 at the same time if you are happy to put up with my DIY efforts. I plan on it doing one record at a time to maximise cleaning of both sides. PM me if interested.

Come up with something using acrylic sheet or similar and I’ll cnc it.

4 Likes

Now that’s an offer hard to refuse.

Cable foo.
Modest price made to order phono cable to take advantage of the balanced phono stage inputs. Only indulgence was the two quid upgrade to gold pins in the xlr and the star line rca.
Bog standard van damme cable.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Nappy bin bass trap

1 Like

Sub whiffer

5 Likes

Overengineered microwave?

Aikido valve pre 1khz distortion, 0.02% THD :smile:

1 Like

You like your new toy then?

1 Like

Yes thanks, easier to use than expected, didn’t have quite enough bnc cables and adaptors to use it properly though.

If you need more bnc cables let me know. Might have a couple of phono adaptors knocking about too.

Ordered more than I’ll ever need off eBay for pennies. I did have some somewhere, while looking for them I did find the tone arm cable I’ve been missing for two years or so.

So for measureists is that good? Or is that good for subjectivists?