Show us your Baps

Making ciappe, Italian rosemary crackers
Before

After…

5 Likes

I am back on to the bread making -Today Brioche.

10 Likes

Looks fantastic.

1 Like

Today no baps but I made myself a new proving oven slightly larger than my other one so it allows me to prove dough in the bowl direct off the mixer. Also incorporated this time thermostatic control.

5 Likes

Now that is nifty, if I only I had space

Should have used baltic birch ply, new line in open baffle proving boxes.

5 Likes

This new proving oven is proving good. No need to continually watch the temperatures - Though it is a tad slow to heat up initially ( I have ordered a few bits to give a turbo boost at switch on). Todays effort a rye flour bake made up into a cheese and pickle sandwich.

4 Likes

What temperature do you typically set it to?

Retracted when realized it was gimpish -

27 degrees because I read somewhere that is optimal to promote best yeast activity. I have set it to switch back on a 26 degrees and off at 27. The heater is currently an 18W aquarium mat. I have ordered some small 40W bulbs (G9) and ceramic holders to speed the heating up process.

3 Likes

A wholemeal/White loaf - Trying a new tin size. Will try with extra 100g of flour next time to promote better ears

5 Likes

A quick white loaf

7 Likes

My Kenwood stopped working & I haven’t got around to fixing it yet. But I’m also quite enjoying the 10 or so minutes of hand kneading I’m having to do instead. I will fix it for other jobs but I’m not in any great rush.

It’s a good work out, it’s space for me hence the Kenwood is indispensable,. I did try with the magimix it’s bollox , glad I didn’t sell it.

Richard bertinet videos are good to watch for technique

1 Like

Back on sourdough

I love the cracking sound as it comes out the oven

11 Likes

Another spelt/conventional flour hybrid. I have been adding extra water to these than I would with ordinary bread flour loafs this gives me a looser dough and generally bigger holes really good for toast or mop up bread. I need totry and get myself back on the sourdough in the near future.

5 Likes

Looks good. Thanks for the mixer bowl by the way. Now I just need to get the mixer’s motor running again!

1 Like

A wholemeal spelt effort - It looks and tastes much nicer in real life - I am being very minimal on the effort shaping after the first proove and knock back

5 Likes

I had a weird one yesterday made my poolish the night before (for a pain naturel) completely forgot to buy some flour in the morning. Fished around and made the loaf with mostly pasta flour and rye and a small amount of bread flour. Surprised it actually looked like a loaf and more surprised it was really delicious,just wish I’d paid more attention to amounts…