SJS Resurrected

You will be wanting the Model 4, which is in a lovely wooden chassis to match your phono, and uses output transformers to provide balanced or single ended output :grin:

no, no remote, it has been updated, but not that far

That will be the one top right in the photo.

Why pay Hammond stamp duty when you could just buy the phono for a lot less? :cold_sweat:

Mike just whip out the volume pot and put a motorised one in.

I am only allowed to whip it out once a month. The rest of the time I must make do with manual adjustment whilst others enjoy the motorised type. :frowning2:

1 Like

20th anniversary 20% discount offer

To celebrate 20 years since the first sjs arcadia Model 1 preamplifiers were delivered, we are pleased to announce a special 20th anniversary 20% discount on confirmed orders for any new sjs arcadia valve amplifier

This offer includes all current designs: Model 3 riaa, Model 5 se 300B, Model 6 riaa, Model 7 line, Model 8 se 300B amp, Aoide headphone amp

4 Likes

Nice offer … will I qualify for a free amp in the centenary year :smile:

Yes but you will have to collect it in person.:stuck_out_tongue:

still thinking this?

Thinking what? I can’t work out what you were replying to :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m guessing he means are you still preferring it to the T3000?

Oh… No idea, the T3000 went last year :grin:

I did make some more of the HM-7 SUTs at the end of last year and they were v nice.

If you click on the area I circled, it expands the post he is replying to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes thanks all, I was referring to T-3000 vs HM-7 comparison. For my taste Hashimotos are in general a tad overhyped. 30-35 years aged silver coils of T-3000 (5000, 7000, 7500) are very very good and significantly cheaper than HM-7.

Age annealed silver? :wink:
Beginning to sound a bit like AN there :grinning:

The HM7 had bigger tone and structure, the T3000 had the silver thing but less body. I guess it comes down to system balance and personal taste. The HM7 is the nicest copper SUT I’ve listened to at length.
The T3000 went as I have kept my old silver AN JP SUT in a copper box which I prefer over all the others :grin:

1 Like

An original Voyd turntable from about 1986 back in for repair. the psu had dead and needed all the voltage regs, darlingtons and fets replacing before it was up and running properly, then I replaced all the electrolytic caps to help it last the next 30 years

next up is this second Voyd turntable, which is one of the later units with the smaller sized Split Phase PSU, however this has 2 motors which have seized up. A full strip down and thorough clean up should see then right

10 Likes

What are you doing with the seized up motors? Strip, clean & lubricate?

1 Like

Turntable foreplay?

5 Likes

Yes. I did a couple on a Valdi a few years ago and used a spot of ptfe dry lube when I put them back together, seemed to do the trick.
It’s just a faff, especially the tiny split ring that is soooo easy to loose.

Brings back painful memories from 30 years ago.

What, a split ring?

4 Likes