Slaughterhouse

My better half is on an anti psychotic for her back pain. The pain relief is a side effect. Trip to the consultant soon, surgery more than likely. The only saving grace is that benign is more likely than malign.

I took on a sandwich student for a year and he had sufficiently bad chronic back pain that we had to buy him a special chair. It was being treated by ā€¦ wait for it ā€¦ counselling.

He was surprised to find that I cycled to work but, all credit to him, he decided that in an effort to lose some weight he might give it a go. After 3-4 months he said that the cycling must have strengthened some muscle group somehwere, or maybe just altered his posture, but in any case his back pain was essentially cured. Result !

VB

I have been taking Naproxen for several years and it has never caused me any troser problems. I also take Amitrypteline which acts as a muscle relaxant, but also helps me to sleep.

My back pain is almost certainly caused by obesity, which is in part why I am having the sleeve done in the summer.

I had terrible back pain about 5/6 years ago. GP tested for rheumatoid etcā€¦ couldnā€™t find anything and basically said I was fucked and get used to it. Pretty depressing under the age of 30. Finally found a physio who identified borderline hyper mobility interacting with lack of core/back strength. Being fat didnā€™t help either. Now Iā€™m completely fine, the GP wasā€¦wrong

2 Likes

1 Like

No Jim those are trousers, Iā€™m talking about trosers :coffee:

1 Like

Some kind of hinge? :grin:

1 Like

Well spotted, itā€™s a type of rising butt :+1: I like a rising butt.

1 Like

Any good for outward opening patio doors? :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Iā€™m not really sure, thereā€™s a guy on the wigwam whoā€™s a reaal expert on that sort of stuff.

2 Likes

Nah, he was a right twat and thought he was a real builderā€¦

:grin: :runner:

1 Like

One of the drugs Iā€™m on (for steroid side effects) has the unusual side effect of causing jaw necrosis if you have an extraction or root canal work. The dentist shits herself every time I mention it :joy:

1 Like

Slightly different for the better half, CT scan has confirmed a build up of two lumps. The psychotic is sometimes used as a pain killer.

The Wench decided to call the surgeonā€™s secretary this morning as my balls are still black from Fridayā€™s op. Once sheā€™d established who we were the receptionist couldnā€™t stop laughing; apparently my being a serious fat bastard had made the surgery a great deal more tricky, neccesitating a lot of yanking and pulling etc, hence the increased bruising. I should expect another week of feeling sore and tender :frowning:

2 Likes

sounds like a snooker programme from my youthā€¦ā€œPot Blackā€ IIRC

Sure that 'y ā€™ shouldnā€™t be a ā€˜wā€™. :grinning:

I wish. Too fucking sore for any of that sort of malarky right now.

Mine never went black, but I did get an infection. That wasnā€™t much fun.

Mine was totally fine and pretty much painless, I almost went back to work on the second day.