Smart shoes aka Dr Cunties Cunty shoe emporium

When I was a neo-Mod, round about the age of 13, I had a pair of shoes like these (minus the golf spikes, obvs), purchased from an ad in the back pages of either Melody Maker or NME. I usually paired them up with a pair of maroon pegged trousers, a white Fred Perry and a fishtail jacket from Callans in Liverpool. It had the obligatory Who and Jam patches sewn on.

I must have looked an utter cunt on my Raleigh Chopper.

3 Likes

At least you grew out of it Rob

2 Likes

Dunno mate, Ellie has been asking if she can have a scooter when she goes to sixth-form, and I’ve been checking out Lambrettas…

Used to buy Hornets at Shellys on Oxford st around 79ish

Gucci slippers. Over $1000. For Men.

1 Like

No worries

1 Like

Has broguing - is brogue, so far as I’m concerned.

Odd shoes, brogues - why make a shoe out of nice waterproof leather, and then make a load of holes in it?

Puzzled me since I was a kid, though not as puzzling as some of the many scarily-expensive abortions featured in this thread. Foo shoes… :clown_face:

1 Like

Are they comfy Dave?

I bet Weller has a few pairs of them.

Not my taste. These are Gucci Princeton Crocodile Slippers.$2650😍

1 Like

Is there no love for loafers anymore? used to like them in the 70s

1 Like

Half shoe half syrup

3 Likes

My fave was always monkey boots, but not seen a proper pair since the '70s.

3 Likes

1 Like

https://media.gucci.com/style/DarkGray_Center_0_0_1200x1200/1487961904/469950_EC2G0_2561_002_100_0000_Light-Princetown-crocodile-slipper-with-Double-G.jpg

Wow, who would have thought that combining the pelt/skin of animals from 2 taxonomic classes and adding some Cheshire gold plate and Eurotrash faux military ribbon would result in something so tasteful?

4 Likes

Peter Bullock here in Nottingham sells & repairs Loake, Barker, Trickers, London Brogue, Paradigma as well as making ‘Peters’ bespoke shoes.

https://englishshoemakers.co.uk/

IMGQ7307-Edit by alfie Wright, on Flickr

1 Like

Is that his friendly face for the publicity shot?

2 Likes

[quote=“Mrs_Maureen_OPinion, post:427, topic:2723”]
Has broguing - is brogue, so far as I’m concerned.

Well you are not a shoemaker so your ignorance is allowed, just because you have an opinion doesn’t make it right!

Odd shoes, brogues - why make a shoe out of nice waterproof leather, and then make a load of holes in it?

They aren’t actually holes and do not compromise the waterproofing, which is achieved with polish.

Puzzled me since I was a kid, though not as puzzling as some of the many scarily-expensive abortions featured in this thread. Foo shoes… :clown_face:[/quote]

Quality English shoemakers as featured on this page, C&J, Church, Cheaney, Tricker, Gregson etc are admired and respected worldwide, it is one of the few areas where we have exceptional manufacturing skills, They do not sell foo shoes. Single Monk for instance is a design that has been around over 100 years

Shoes are shit for your feet and bad for grounding / Chi. Painted feet are a step ahead.

3 Likes

laces, the send pair. I am really not keen on monks strap fastening