Tales from the Ginnel

Every time I see you post in this thread I have the urge to acquire tools and try and make some pieces, but I know it’s going to fall way short of what I’d want it to be like.

Probably will, but next time it will be a little better and the next time…

You know where it’s going

This, just give it a go. Don’t need to spend a shed load on tools, just keep them sharp all the time and buy a bloody accurate engineers set square. Start off with softwood and just start making stuff.

1 Like

I’ve been musing on making a case for my Remton 383 out of 5mm walnut sheet, a la cut-price Aurorasound Vida.

Likewise, it will be a mess.

1 Like

I tried a plinth for my Lenco. It was a mess :frowning:

I’ll probably just use Lego instead.

I tried this. It took ages to get the smell of burning lego out of the house. I am beyond hopeless with DIY.

:disappointed:

3 Likes

I did make a triangular picture frame a few years ago for a psych event poster I picked up in Brussels when I studied over there.

It is still in one piece, so maybe there is hope.

1 Like

Feckin’ show-off :angry:

Pretty epic - presumably going to double-up as a shelter for when Best-Korea’s Kim presses the “roundeyes go-away” button…

You’re me, but yellower. :+1:

1 Like

Just tried lifting it, feck, his rockets would bounce off it!

2 Likes

You do know you can buy wood glue, you don’t need to make your own, yeah?

3 Likes

legs being fitted up, made from Ash with a tenon cut to the top ready for the tutntable shelf to be fitted.

7 Likes

Lovely - I presume you’ve budgeted for a crane to lift the bloody thing into the house?

I have staff at work for that, it’s coming up to staff reporting time and they are young and gullible :slight_smile:

6 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl: You little fucking beauty! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Many years ago I persuaded two students from work to help me and my brother-in-law heave four 300lb steel beams into my roofspace in return for a curry. Honestly I didn’t have to pressure them at all, but looking back I don’t think I’d be quite so happy about the physical risks now.

VB

I broke the junior staff chap, shame.

Legs on, some dowels to finish off, couple of shelves to make s well as the top platform for the turntables.

17 Likes

Pretty damned magnificent is that :+1:

Much wood :+1: