Tales from the Ginnel

Kwality of the highest order :+1:

Every time I see those speakers I father another child.

Top wood working skills - makes the Concorde model I made in first year look positively shit (which it was).

Adjustable shelves fitted, Braz Mahog. Will take a few weeks to make the final TT shelf for the top, in the meantime just reused one from the old rack. Looks a bit shite, but does the job for now.

In no way looks shite

Christ that is very nearly adequate! Fair play

And so God kills another kitten :+1:

Are you selling your old shelves Bob?

yea, the frame is a bit shite now, but the shelves are entirely usable. Will just add some of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/222229278013?chn=ps&adgroupid=48716125379&rlsatarget=pla-381910299501&abcId=1129946&adtype=pla&merchantid=7385094&googleloc=9046723&device=c&campaignid=974960635&crdt=0&var=521064265652 and pop them up for sale.

Very bloody nice :ok_hand:

You going to do a Hush-platform style top for it Bob - still use and rate mine highly :+1:

A double platform built into the top shelf, hopefully enough space between for a SUT or two.

Bit of progress avec le oak de bog,

Got another wooden adjustable rebate plane given to me the other day, should have enough now to make a fully working one, job for the weekend is that.

How heavy is l’oak de bog?

about 15 to 20% more than standard oak.

Enough to keep me going for a couple of years. One for the 401 and a couple for a 301, might need another rack :slight_smile:

Lovely as always. What timber do you use for the splines?

Is the black one the bog oak? What are the other three @BobC?

Burr Elm sat on the Bog Oak, this will have a Burr Elm top. To the left is an all round Sycamore plinth with Bog oak detailing, to the right a Burr Oak and Sycamore plinth with Lacewood detailing.

I am in awe of your craftsmanship Bob