The Football

Villa have avoided potential administration after current owner found two guys worth £6bn to ‘invest’ in the club but which is effectively a takeover.

Still got FFP hole to fiddle and may still have to sell the few decent saleable playing assets we have, but at least the most obvious threat to existence is over.

Can’t see Brucie surviving…

Rumour is they want Henry.

Are you well Bob? :grinning:

2 Likes

Hat stand or something.

1 Like

Early days, but it’s looking promising for Arsenal.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Mason Mount is the new ‘Wonder’ boy.
We do make money loaning out players and there is a big queue for them.
We have bought one player in. :slightly_frowning_face:
We are after Higuain and now Fekir?

Don’t forget Hart

Well for £5m it is not a disaster.

The last time you bought an expense 29 year old striker from Italy, that went well (not).

Well you never can tell how players adapt to the PL
that’s why It’s best to buy PL experience.
Schmeichel would be my choice rather than Donnarumma

Chelsea are now looking at Pickford and Butland.

I am not surprised. However, given that Everton paid £30M for him last year, have plenty of money in the kitty, and that he has a very lengthy contract, he will be very, very expensive. I can’t see him going for less than Allison in the current situation, and probably a lot more.

£60m was quoted.

I’d have preferred Schmeichel to Allison.

That would be a decent profit on Pickford, but I can’t see Everton being interested unless they have a replacement lined up and can bank £20-£30M. That means £60M is unlikely to get it done.

Agreed, more like £90m

What about Butland from Stoke? He was highly rated at one time. £90m for a goalkeeper is way to much you could buy a decent forward for that.

Hmmm, mathematically, saving a certain goal is as good as scoring one, isn’t it?

He is very hot and cold.