The Milk Float Thread

The only decent thing about Malvern is Morgan :+1:

Cars made of wood - you canā€™t get much more sustainable than that :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

What about an Astra made out of Tofu? Completely biodegradable and no fucker would consider nicking it everā€¦

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t turn the stereo up if I was you, wonā€™t get to the end of the road with prog playingā€¦ lol.

2 Likes

I hate you lot :unamused:

Not enough charge for the xylophone solo.

1 Like

And you :disappointed:

I feel I should weigh in here as I was the original forum ernie. The leaf is really good at being a car for 100 ish miles (slightly less in cold weather, slightly more if you get the big battery version). Itā€™s very quiet, comfy, goes like a stabbed rat up to 50ish mph, costs pennies in out of pocket running costs(see below) and is well equipped. The downsides however are.

1. range / charging / being electric. If you want to go that bit further you are basically fucked, Drive within itā€™s limits though and youā€™re fine.
  2. Depreciation, cost new before grants, dealer discounts etc. 30+k, value of ours after 2 years 23k miles? 6.5k. Thatā€™s arse bleedingly bad. All due to unfounded concerns over battery life, we had lost zero bars during the 2 years but it is what it is so factor this into the pcp / discounts you get if you don;t want to loose money.
  3. Interior quality is french car bad, plastics and fabric mark easily so be wary if leasing.

Thatā€™s about it really. Go into a lease with your eyes open or buy it outright with the aim to keep it for many years and youā€™re on to a winner.
Personally Iā€™d probably go for a few years old i3ReX if you can live with 4 seats or wait for the tesla 3 to arrive.

I beat the dealer up big time on the flagship Tekna and got it at a 37.2% discount plus a free chrome trim pack so depreciation isnā€™t a huge concern of ours. This is a brand new unregistered one.
Have it on a 3 year PCP, the monthly payments and charging costs to do the milage of the current car is still less than the diesel bill in the Volvo. Then free tax, half the cost in insurance and no ongoing repair bills on an older vehicle.

No brown seat option though.

A week of naga based curries should sort thatā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to compose a mental picture of you in a Leaf Jackā€¦

ā€¦no, no, try as I might, I just canā€™t see it :worried:

so which of these is best match? https://uk.pinterest.com/explore/green-man/

1 Like

I think itā€™s a very sensible choice.

And Iā€™m sure Jack will fit into it easily

8 Likes

Itā€™s the wifeā€™s car. Iā€™ve got a VW T6 Highlineā€‹ now.

Have you managed to get the driverā€™s seat pulled up the way back?

Loads of room in a leaf unlike Volvos. They have no legroom at all. Seats just donā€™t go back far enough.

3 Likes

Free chrome eh, thatā€™s the deal sealer, imoā€¦ lolā€¦

1 Like

It was an unregistered one in stock but I found out at 5pm today when the wife was sat in the dealership ready to sign that the car doesnā€™t have a 6.6kw charger fitted, itā€™s got the 3.3kw unit, (even though we paid a deposit based on 6.6kw) which is no good for us so Iā€™ll have to find another. Twats. I hate salesman, scum of the earth.

You must be devastatedā€¦ lolā€¦

We canā€™t all afford Porches you know. Some of us have lot all our money running unsuccessful businesses. :joy:

2 Likes

Yes, Porscheā€™s are affordable once you pack in the hifi biz, trust meā€¦ lol.

2 Likes