The return of shit joke thread (incorporating the humour toilet) and mainly reposts of reposts of reposts

tumble

10 Likes

IMG-20171215-WA0006

7 Likes

Imagine if Americans switched from using pounds to kilograms over night.

There would be mass confusion.

6 Likes

Worse still, imagine trying to explain to them that neither is the right unit for weight.

VB

1 Like

They would suddenly go from 220lbs to 100Kg and think they were instantly slimmer.
It would cure the obesity problem overnight.

Doubt that would go down well either side of the Atlantic.

1 Like

10 Likes

This is pretty damn amazing. Mine turned out to be"Raiders of the Lost Ark". I was surprised how this worked.

Be honest and don’t look at the film list till you have done the maths!

Try this test and find out which film is your favourite.
This amazing maths quiz can likely predict which of 18 films you would enjoy the most

Don’t ask me how, but it really works!

Film Test:

Pick a number from 1-9.

Multiply by 3.

Add 3.

Multiply by 3 again.

Now add the two digits together to find your predicted favourite film in the list of 18 films below.

Film List:

1. Gone With The Wind
  2. E.T.
  3. Beverly Hills Cop
  4. Star Wars
  5. Forrest Gump
  6. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
  7. Jaws
  8. Grease
  9. The Joy of Anal Sex with a Sheep
  10. Casablanca
  11. Jurassic Park
  12. Shrek
  13. Pirates of the Caribbean
  14. Titanic
  15. Raiders Of The Lost Ark
  16. Home Alone
  17. Mrs. Doubtfire
  18. Toy Story

Now, ain’t that something…?

6 Likes

NO :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

:flags:

Spot on

Ha - Mine efforts calculated out to number 9

1 Like

They all do :rabbit:

1 Like

Thats spoilt it. I was just about to order it.

1 Like

This is where it gets a bit trickier, but just hang in with me. Let’s call our two digits A and B (so if our number was 36, for example, then A would be 3 and B would be 6). So our number is 10 times A plus 1 times B (e.g. 36 is 10 times 3 plus 1 times 6), which is 9 times A plus 1 times A plus 1 times B, which is 9 times A plus 1 times A+B. This total must be divisible by 9 (see our proof in bold, above). 9 times A is definitely divisible by 9, so 1 times A+B, which is just A+B, must be divisible by 9 too. Because Adam restricted our very first choice of number to be from 1-9 it turns out that when we divide A+B by 9 we always get 1 i.e. A+B is always 9.

This is the basis for the trick which allows you to work out whether any number is divisible by 9 - you just add the digits together, and keep on adding the digits of the result together until you get down to a single digit. If the answer is 9 then the original number was divisible by 9. If it’s not then it wasn’t. The same thing, more or less, works for 3 too.

VB

6 Likes

So ‘The Joy of Anal Sex with Sheep’ is not really my favourite film ?

I think you’ll find it is.

2 Likes

Be careful how you wrap!

5 Likes

3 Likes