The return of shit joke thread (incorporating the humour toilet) and mainly reposts of reposts of reposts

Here he is in his full red and white tartan

I was there…

1 Like
3 Likes

5 Likes

The name originated in England / Scotland and there is a Boyce tartan. Historically the name has absolutely no connection with Wales.

After my Dad died, I sorted out his house and went through his records (naturally). I kept the Johnny Cash and the Tom Jones. I also kept the Max Boyce, mainly as a reminder of how bad it was to sit through when he arrived home pissed and whacked it on the music centre.

1 Like

That’s true devotion to the cause.

Boyce is very easy to despise :rage:

You know that scene at the end of Raiders Of The Lost Ark?

Think Ark = Max Boyce vinyl, and Humungous Warehouse = my garage.

3 Likes

Sorry, no. Haven’t seen it.

Hopefully it involved a lot of destruction?

No, just filed away and forgotten about (until today!)

4 Likes

FB_IMG_1519021197951

7 Likes

A man is preparing to board a plane, when he hears that the Pope is on the same flight.
“This is exciting,” thinks the man. “Perhaps I’ll be able to see him in person.”
Imagine his surprise when the Pope sits down in the seat next to him.

Shortly after take-off, the Pope begins a crossword puzzle. Almost immediately, the Pope turns to the man and says, “Excuse me, but do you know a four letter word referring to a woman that ends in ‘unt?’”

Only one word leaps to mind. “My goodness,” thinks the man, “I can’t tell the Pope that. There must be another word.” The man thinks for quite a while, and then it hits him. Turning to the Pope, the man says, “I think the word you’re looking for is ‘aunt.’”

“Of course,” says the Pope. “Do you have an eraser?”

11 Likes

Another astounding feat of cultural archaeology. Well played! It is amazing that something so old is still intact to be honest.

Eraser isn’t exactly a comedy punchline word is it?

Although I get that rubber wouldn’t have worked in this context.

Just shows it was originally an American joke

That joke pre-dates Columbus.

3 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

Did the person who came up with the phrase ‘One hit wonder’ come up with any other phrases?

8 Likes

IMG_20180223_073051_441

11 Likes