The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Cock van der Palm looks uncannily like Dave Grohl. :slight_smile:

1 Like

are these just mere examples from your extensive collection?

Mostly, yes

Athletes with very short hair, I wonder why that is?

Clearly being a fucking moron is no impediment to rising up through the ranks of the Tory party machine.

Itā€™s a prerequisite from what I can see, so given that I might apply for a job there myself.:grin:

I think you may be over qualified :grinning:

4 Likes

Wonderful bit of merciless assassination (save for the poor staff who may loose their jobs because of this). Iā€™m particularly impressed with her comment that the unpleasant peanut monkfish is still living with her ā€˜like a goitreā€™. :smiling_imp:

I need to up my game for the resumption of the AAAC.

3 Likes

Posted by a drummerā€¦:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I thought these warships had radar? Didnā€™t they notice a 222 metre-long, 29,000 ton ship getting close? Or did they just assume that itā€™d get out of their way?

The article said the container ship made a sharp turn before the collision but even still those things donā€™t turn on a coin.

Not sure what sort of radar they are fitted with but the ones we use in the Dover straight are able to calculate the course of a ship based on direction and speed within 30 secs of a direction change.

As a Glaswegian, Iā€™m delighted that one of our greatest has been knighted.

This documentary on iplayer is well worth watching.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0535lq5/billy-connolly-portrait-of-a-lifetime?suggid=p0535lq5

4 Likes

Very well deserved.

What coffee machine does he use? :joy:

:confused:

This is based on an actual radio conversation between a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier (U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln) and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. (The radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on 10/10/95 authorized by the Freedom of Information Act.)

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid collision.
Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.
Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
Canadians: No, I say again, you divert YOUR course.
Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATESā€™ ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTHā€“I SAY AGAIN, THATā€™S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTHā€“OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.
Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

2 Likes

Could someone get this carbon dated please?

9 Likes

Homer wrote a version of that involving a trireme and the lighthouse at Pharos, but even he admitted to nicking it.

8 Likes

Maybe Donald Trump controls all US Navy vessels from his laptop in the Oval office.:thinking:

1 Like