The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

It does smack of attention seeking tryharding, in a style to copy the Veet thing.

2 Likes

Indeed, but it was mildly amusing and she used the word ‘flaps’ a lot.

Let’s not be hasty!

2 Likes

I’ve no fucking idea why my phone decided to autocorrect smack to snark :confused:

I thought snark sounded ok in that context anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you know:

Buying a vacuum cleaner these days is a highly technical operation, possibly as complex as buying a car.

An EU efficiency label categorises each machine according to 6 different criteria: overall energy efficiency (on a scale of A to G); energy in Kwh; how loud it is; how good it is at retaining dust and minimising re-emissions; how efficient it is at picking up debris from a carpet; and how good it is at doing the same thing off a hardwood floor.

Keep an eye on these beggars. Once they’ve got vacuum cleaners out of the way it’ll be hi-fi next. Apparently if we don’t all restrict ourselves to the most efficient low-powered amplifiers which are, after all, ‘perfectly adequate’, the planet will overheat to the point where the ground beneath our feet melts. It’s an absolute classic case of the authorities picking on a group of people who are sufficiently small in number that they (we) can be steamrollered. It will help with the problem to a vanishingly small extent. A tiny improvement to, say, insulation in our stock of older buildings or smarter streetlighting would make much more difference. But those things are more expensive and more people will kick up a fuss about them. So it’ll be us instead. That way they can look like they’re doing something without actually having to do anything useful.

VB

1 Like

Just sell them as room heaters with audio as an added benefit.

Always wondered how toaster manufacturers got away with it. Horrendously inefficient device given its function. And cookers. If you need to cook your food you’re eating the wrong food surely? :grinning:

A microwave is a valve cooker, don’t forget.

VB

4 Likes

I prefer my valves raw.

1 Like

Fixt

2 Likes

@chelseadave you might want to look at Wowhaus

Glad I’ve got in now with my 83dB/W speakers.

That does look nice unfortunately it is in the other block.

ring ring

me :'hello’
them: 'may I speak with Dr Simon please"
me: 'who is calling’
them ’ high street claims’
me ’ oh have i won a high street?'
them 'eh…'
me 'which high street have i won’
them 'we are calling from Newcastle, let me explain’
me 'oh shit I don’t want a high street from Newcastle, its a dump have you got a nicer high street’
them 'eh’
me 'please deliver my high street to number 1 the high street’
them 'eh what are you talking about you haven’t won anything’
me 'but you said I won a high street from high street claims, you lying to me now?.. do you believe in god’
them 'eh, let me explain…'
me 'if you believe in god and you lied…'
them 'what are you talking about’
me ‘you need to pray for forgiveness’

them …click

13 Likes

Right now (May 12th, 12:40) there’s a piece on Radio 4’s You and Yours http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4 about Costa’s new coffee plant in Basildon. Is that yours Jim ?

VB

Bugger.