The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

No, but I asked my boss (Construction Director) for a bonus - he’s thinking about it :grinning:

If I get one, it will be a nice little contribution for the BTJ 9000S. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

would have been better

1 Like

Nice one Jim. Now go and show 'em how to roast and make a decent cappuccino:)

2 Likes
4 Likes

I see the EU has managed to reclaim all the back tax off Google that they avoided…:wink:

As ‘God’ might have said…You lucky, lucky bastard…

That was the Purple Turtle he walked into after being hit by the bus, I suspect he was half cut already and that’s why he got off lighlty.

I was a student in Reading between 1989 and 1992. I have very fond if hazy memories of the Purple Turtle although it was rather different around Gun St before the Oracle arrived…

Does that still exist? Used to go there to get shitfaced when I had friends in Reading many many years ago.

It was there in February when I was back at the Uni. I didn’t go in…

1 Like

Fucking hell

2 Likes

I used to go there when I lived in Bracknell and worked for Energis in Reading and then C&W.

Went there for someones leaving drinks last year and it’s been done up and tidied a lot so doesn’t have the old character anymore.

1 Like

It did used to be a proper dive as I remember it.

1 Like

What old character? The sticky carpet and unbelievably unpleasant smell in the bogs?

Most definitely, we used to go there after the C&W christmas party dressed in dinner suits and roll out at 5 in the morning.

Like this ?

VB

3 Likes

Pretty sure I saw Stereolab supported by Tortoise at the PT in Reading…96/97 ish

1 Like

That would have been a very tasty gig :thumbsup:

Yep, I was the one on the left.

2 Likes

Just been confronted with a Durex advert on the telly, immediately followed by an advert for nappies…

Remember, a cautious gentleman always double bags…

2 Likes