The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

I lived and worked in Reading for a year (early '80’s) and can’t remember that one. Where is it?

It opened in the early 1990s IIRC. Gunn Street is at the back of the churchyard at the end of St Mary’s Butts, effectively out the back of what used to be Heelas and is now John Lewis IIRC.

Ah, not there when I was then.

I do remember a few ‘interesting’ nights in ‘The Battle’ which IIRC was on or near Oxford Street

1 Like

I lived on the other side of Reading near the University so my haunts were my local the The Queen’s Head (a.k.a The Knob), the Greyhound for a lock-in, The Beehive and The Retreat. I avoided the real studenty dives like The College Arms and The Turk’s Head like the plague.

The Bull in Sonning was a popular day out too as you could smoke your way along the tow path and then spend the afternoon over some nice beer.

25 years ago now… The Knob is a Thai Restaurant now and the Beehive and Retreat are converted to flats.

:rage:

We stayed in Calcot and worked in Spencers Wood.

Had many a pint in the pub at Burghfield (only know it as ‘Frankie’s Pub’)

1 Like

I’ve had a pint or three in The Six Bells in Burghfield - just round the corner from a friend’s house.

VB

an article about Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow (yes that is his name)

Knob head. How hard is it to carry a fucking card. It’s not like having to lug a fridge around or something.

1 Like

Actually I might have my Oyster card embedded in a fridge and see what the jobs worth at LU say when I try to scan it and get through the gates.

Elsewhere, the bring your dog to work day hijacked by cats…

2 Likes

What could possibly go wrong? :scream:

Took patch to work last year,he was shit,and couldn’t even load pics on eBay

3 Likes

Did he crap on a lathe?

Didn’t some bloke do that to a wizard’s staff? Probably got away with it though, @MGOwner would have been expecting him to break into a 30min keyboard solo…

1 Like

Haha, just watch Piers Morgan’s little fat lip, here.

6 Likes

Utter fucking genius. Goddess.

I love that the show tweeted it too

2 Likes

Just a shame that she has to bite her lip whilst the fat imbecile gobs off. Do bigoted trolls on TV really sell that much advertising?

All publicity…

Cue “always know they were shit” puns.

I know what I would do :smirk:

crapochino anyone?

3 Likes