The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

It runs in the family. His sister is called Annunziata and his father-in-law is called Somerset de Chair. Yes. Really.

VB

The cunt deserves a cp for dressing his boys like Tory MPs.

Not sure you can buy Young Tory Tweed off the peg, so that must mean that the lad’s jacket was actually made by a tailor. Dear god. The checks! Fuck! The sleeve is bad enough but what the fucking hell is going on with the breast pocket? :nauseated_face:

More self entitled parasites that we’ll need to find well paid non jobs for :unamused:

3 Likes

I like the idea that a virtuous tailor has assumed that Jacob wouldn’t know one end of a jacket from the other (if nanny didn’t help him put it on) and has fobbed him off with some proper old (expensive) tat & was laughing as he and Mogg Jr walked proudly away with their bespoke item. :grinning:

6 Likes

Then again, the boy’s at an age when it’ll fit him for no time at all (if, indeed, it ever fits all of him). Could it be a hand-me-down, or acquired from some west country repository of second-hand clothing suitable for minor gentry ? When you’ve had six kids in less than ten years it must be tough finding the time to keep them all well-dressed.

VB

Poor little fuckers, someone call Ester Rantzen

Worth the few minutes it’ll take to read.

At least the collars look ok.

2 Likes

makes your blood boil doesn’t it. Mind you I have long thought the fat cat consultants in the NHS could volunteer to take a pay cut to share the wages around more equitably

:rofl:

Next thing you’ll be suggesting that senior academics (not University management team members of course :rage:) should take a pay cut. Oh, wait…:cry:

1 Like

I have just been in 2 hour meeting discussing the outcome of our staff survey with our VC, and he was going on about pay and how his capped 1% put him in the same boat as the rest of us, until it was pointed out to him that 1% of alot of money was quite alot, and the 1% of not very much, was not very much…:grinning:

personally I’d have thought he’d be good with numbers in relation to money, since he is vet.

Specifically which fat cats are these - the medical consultants on 33% overtime contracted in their pay who still don’t see any more patients, or the management consultants who charge exorbitant fees on government approved frameworks just for writing reports?

Astonishing if true. But it’s in The Canary so I would have to check every reference before I believed it.

Unfortunately there is so much fake news at the moment that it is putting democracy at risk.

1 Like

Unfortunately it has a section heading called ‘do your research’ which is precisely what the author should have done. There is no such thing as a band 1 nurse! Qualified nurses start on band 5 which is £22.1k to £28.7k. Doesn’t excuse the stupidity or selfishness of the MP, but does make you question every other aspect of the article to the point of making it redundant.

2 Likes

Exactly!

Following a link in the article leads to this:

Seems legit to me.

Yes but just take my word for it that qualified nurses start at band 5.

The Agenda for Change NHS pay scales cover apprentice trainees for admin roles, all the technical and clinical grades, all the way up to consultants and executive directors.

Saying as the author does in the article that nurses start on band 1 and quoting those pay scales shows how poorly informed / researched the article is.

1 Like

Ok I will. Thanks for the info