The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

:open_mouth:

Fxt for accuracy :+1:

2 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Harsh but fair.

2 Likes

Another old favourite

3 Likes

3 Likes

I swear to god, if you don’t all fuck off to the shit joke thread…

7 Likes

A… To get to the other side?

3 Likes
2 Likes

3 Likes

Recruitment consultants sending me videos to introduce themselves.

Proof positive that we are living in the end times.

9 Likes

Change your preferences on Filthy & Lonely .com

3 Likes

The Guardian, LUL.

2 generations, 3 max before nobody has to work. Brilliant.

A lot of super rich Americans do subscribe to that idea - Gates, Buffett and others. Their position is that their kids will have the best education that money can buy, and access to a whole load of contacts; if they can’t do well with that start in life then they don’t deserve it. The money then goes into a foundation that gives it away over decades, providing a nice legacy.

Of course, there are plenty of others who want to create a whole dynasty. They’re generally the massive cunts.

It’s a stupid idea dreamt up by a student who hasn’t even seen the connection to totalinarianism. It makes the ludicrous assumption that society would bumble on in exactly way, which of course it wouldn’t. There would be a massive glut of consumer spending followed by a general reluctance to work.

Also ignores basic genetic principles which is to provide for the next generation.

The hyper-rich American demographic is hardly grounded in reality.

1 Like

Yes.

VB

1 Like

Yes, and yes again.

I think that this is the most important element. The obvious issues with 100% inheritance tax are this, and the lack of point to working once you are reasonably set.

Personally I think that inheritance should be taxed higher than it is, especially large estates. But it’s much more important to implement our current tax laws - IHT is basically an optional tax for the super rich, as stuff is just moved out of estates and then it can never be touched. We need a better system for taxing trusts, both money going in and coming out.

1 Like

An idea with a lot to merit.