The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

They forgot Trump and possibly Consultants too…

1 Like

fixt

Good job I’m an interim at the moment…

Wtf are they going to call it then?

A Whip?

A wip-off ?

VB

2 Likes

I have had a mixed morning setting up my HiFi in a new room. Naturally the issues have all been networking and finding stuff that I may or may not have somewhere. So:

Need a 3m USB A-B cable. Found in seconds in my computer man drawer. Who knew?

Laptop WiFi doesn’t work well. Bollocks.

Find my USB WiFi dongle thing, exactly where I expected it to be.

That didn’t work either. Bollocks. Search for USB-powered gigabit switches online. Meh

Realise that I do have spare power sockets, and don’t need gigabit; search for Ethernet switch, find one that I had forgotten about in the first drawer I search.

Bollocks, need a long Ethernet cable but not the 20m one. Look around the basement, eye lands directly on one.

Upstairs, find out that it’s only 3m. Works in an untidy way, ordered a 5m one.

Now there is music! Sounds better than downstairs as well! And it’s still only morning!

It’s times like this that I realise that my strategy of keeping random shit “just in case” is a fucking epic one.

8 Likes

its the only strategy - apart from the fact I can barely get into our spare room now!

Quote from BBC article

…today’s heavyweight 180g vinyl album release is a real improvement on the lightweight pressings, often made with recycled vinyl, that were the norm in the 1970s.

Apart from the compressed mastering of course :slightly_smiling_face:

I was in a second hand record shop recently when the owner drew my attention to some stuff he had just got in.

This is a Captain Beefheart bootleg on audiophile heavyweight 180gm vinyl. he said.
Shame the original bootleg recording was atrocious to start with!

1 Like

Can’t say the 180gm pressing makes the slightest bit of difference over the old 120gm pressing. Now a 45rpm record, that’s another story.

2 Likes

The Guardian: Belle and Sebastian accidentally leave drummer in pyjamas in Walmart. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw7qHt3zU

:rofl:

I think Asda may need to change the font on this…

1 Like

winging it

5 Likes

And another one.

Other teams now being gutted to make up the shortfall.

Nobody questioning why all the minions are sprinting for the door.

Aha! The mantra of Consultancy

1 Like

I read that as Richard Coldbum for a moment

That has to be the dullest story involving a drummer, a tour bus and a pair of pyjamas in the history of rock and roll. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

13925119_1228164960567939_5752213304107251925_n

Feck! I wonder what a joint that Terry gives a one star review would be like?

:worried:

3 Likes