The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

When i was about 7 I was sent to a Catholic boarding school. First day in the playground I heard a new word and asked the nun what it meant. Fuck, that soap was horrible!

My story which gets the rounds at family parties isā€¦

When I was at infant school my mum used to collect me and one day I asked if wanker was a rude word as one of the other boys had said it.

My mum said she had never heard it before so it should be fine as it just sounds like something the other boy had made up.

My dad put her straight when he got home after I merrily greeted him at the door and called him a wanker.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Parenting 1970s style (not)!

3 Likes

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2017/09/09/dolly-parton-classic-8-to-6/amp/

6 Likes

Heating is on. A few days where it hasnā€™t got to 18 degrees and I can no longer hold the wife back.

2 Likes

Looking like weā€™ll have to light the fire in the near future. Havenā€™t had it going since April, but the Summer seems to be drawing to a close :frowning_face:

Ditto.

Thats it now, silent thermostat wars for the next 8 months.

2 Likes

Not botheredā€¦ going on holiday soon.

AGAIN??? :rage:

Still on hols - 15c here, still warm enough for shorts and T shirt.

24 degrees where we are off to. Definitely shorts, brogues and tee shirt weather.

Cleethorpes?

Yesā€¦ with yer maw. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice. Take the tartan skirt with you. :thumbsup:

Classic look :+1:

Timeless. Adidas sambas for daytime poolside activities / luncheon. Brogues for all other times.

Absolutely no flip flops / crocs / sandals or other low rent footwear for me.

Blokesā€™ feet should remain encased at all times.

coN5

1 Like

We used to have those, until we got a better thermostat. This one is wireless, and much more sensitive, so it keeps the temperature at an exact 20 within 1 degree or less. The old one used to allow it to get too cold, so sheā€™d click it up to 22, then itā€™d be too hot so Iā€™d click down to 18, etc etc etc.

Now itā€™s always just warmer than Iā€™d prefer and just cooler than sheā€™d prefer, but not enough for either of us to do anything about it.