The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Who was number 8 then?

4 Likes

one of the best reasons to watch Star Trek I’ve seen lately.
she wears that borg implant well!!

Seven

What number is between 7 and 9?

[geek]There is an infinity (actually several different infinities) of numbers between 7 and 9.[/geek]

VB

2 Likes

Possibly, but given the way he plays it is just as likely to be the number of toes on his left foot.

[massivegeek] Stop that :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. I have been trying to figure out how one can have infinite sets, as an infinite set seems to be in contradiction to Cantor’s theorem. You are making my inadequacy itch :hushed:[\massivegeek]

It is more romantic than that. It is code for the location of the North East regional dogging championship.

1 Like

"Popular delicacy"

2 Likes

It is in the North…

Lord Jesus spelled backwards is susejd rol which is surprisingly close to the Greggs’ product…

4 Likes
5 Likes

Only if it’s battered and deep fried. :heart_eyes:

Pretty certain it’s just one; the set size being demoted by aleph 1. Aleph null would be the size of the set of rational numbers between 7 and 9

That’s Numberwang!!

3 Likes

Mmmmmm, deep fried…

Oh fuck, T-101 is on the way…

1 Like

Thanks, cost me nothing but I don’t trust it anymore, so it has to go, shame really as it feels like a different car now (the engine had been down on power for some time). Seeing a couple of cars over the weekend it’ll be gone once I find a decent buy.

It’s such a ball ache talking to sales people about run-of-the-mill cars, I used to care, but I don’t really give a shit any more.

3 Likes

Strictly speaking I didn’t get into the sizes of these sets - just the fact that they’re different. But as you’ve pointed out the set of rationals between 7 and 9 is different from the set of irrationals with the same bounds. So that’s two different sets (both infinite). I confess that my feet are already leaving the ground though …

VB

I sort of hoping this was fancy motion capture.