The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

I remain surprised to this day that you fit in any car…

1 Like

I remember being impressed with the leg room in my b6 pisshat, the only car to this day I’ve driven with the seat 1 notch off the back stop. Shame the chair itself totally fucked up my neck.

1 Like

Yeh, shoulda got a bike…

Even suits his driving-style…

2 Likes

Perfect, he should even be able to put his feet down at a stop.

1 Like

I fit into a Smart car very well. Merc A Class, no problem. Merc E class, cramped to fuck.

It’s the so called luxury barges that are defiantly small inside. All this “cossetting” bollocks means there’s nowhere to fit.

1 Like

And you are complaining about a lack of space…

Lols yes. I fit in our Micra no problem, it is genuinely fine. I sat in a Honda CRV at the weekend and it was a joke for such a big car/suv thing. No leg room at all. Knees at near right angles with the seat on the stops, felt and looked very wrong.

1 Like

Yep, outlaws Honda Jazz has plenty of room for me. Tried to test drive a SAAB 9-5 once and asked the bloke if all Swedish cars were made for UmpaLumpas or just SAAB’s. He said, no Volvos are for micro-humans too. :wink:

Don’t know what you mean?

:wink:

Ever tried to get in a 159?
I gave up.

1 Like

Fine for me, and I am hardly an RMS/Olga twig.

1 Like

There was a wonderful programme on radio 4 this morning about early medicine. There was a surgeon who could amputate a leg in 30s - the reason this was beneficial was that there was no anaesthetic, so speed was most welcome! Apparently patients used to scream at the surgeons to hurry up while the surgeon was delving in their innards!

Anyway, don’t get amputated so you can fit into sensible cars, that would be silly, but maybe you could get them taken in a bit? Cosmetic surgery is so advanced now.

4 Likes

Have you worked out how to move the seats in a Volvo yet?

Yes apparently they go right back :+1:

1 Like

Most people are able to work out how to fully extend the seat to the rearmost position.

Out of interest, what version, year & engine?
I’ve a 2.5 V6 TDi & can just about manage 40 if I take it easily.

We are still struggling to get 50 mpg out of our Toyota Auris Hybrid.

I seem to get 50+. Jan gets 24.

Something to do with the Power mode setting?

1 Like

It’s dead Jim.

RIP Nissan Boradrive.

Room on the drive for a Mazda RX8 now Rob. Don’t waste this opportunity.

P.s don’t forget to buy the optional axle stands to prevent flat spotting the tyres for the months it’ll be stood idle…

3 Likes