The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Good idea…

My paternal grandmother lived to 98. She did spend the last twenty years telling me “I don’t think I’ll last another year”.

Nails.

1 Like

That is truly remarkable! And rather cool.

Like Waxy and Pmac, men in my fambly don’t often see 70, few see 60.

My dad and his dad were massive caners of booze and fags. I love a drink or three but I don’t smoke. I also exercise. Hopefully, I will be able to retire…

Having said what I did earlier, my Dad is bucking he trend. 84 in 3 weeks and going strong

4 Likes

My dad never met his granddaughter. Makes me sad.

3 Likes

Daily Mail photographer starts a fight with some Africans in Australia. The paper writes an article about immigrant gang riots.
No change there then…

My maternal grandfather and my father both died at 63. My next birthday will be my 60th. So far, so good …

VB

3 Likes

You’ll still be walking miles and miles when you’re in your 80’s Graeme!

You aren’t allowed any clog popping while there are valve amps in your immediate vicinity.

Black pudding saves lives. Make sure you stock up. He’d have been shagged if he was in a freezer full of Tofu…

5 Likes

Grandfather - 65
Nan - 93
Aunt - 72 (still alive)
Mum - 67 (still alive)
Uncle - 54
Uncle - 52

I have not bothered paying anything into a pension.

8 Likes

Love pensions me.

Father 78 (he was a Russian prisioner of war and was treated very badly by our EU colleagues in Germany), got an infection in a hospital.
Mother 87 and still going
Brother 60 cancer got him
Fathers father 58 shot in 2nd WW
Fathers mother 89
Mothers father 64 sixty woodbines and 13 pints a day got to him
Mothers mother 69

So, if cancer doesn’t get me, I will need my pension.

Or get yourself shot.

4 Likes

Is that the new Tory option?

1 Like

Too tight to buy a bullet that fucking lot.

1 Like

Finally some good news for the largest cat in the World

The Amur (or Siberian) Tiger is making a comeback!

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/the-comeback-cats-amazing-pictures-show-family-life-of-amur-tigress-and-her-three-cubs/

6 Likes

:open_mouth:

"I thought of an analogy for this and I was debating whether to use it or whether it’s a little too gross… imagine someone eating dinner at their kitchen table and they’re eating and burping, eating and burping.

“You walk in the room and you notice there’s an old burp still hanging in the air from the appetiser course. Meanwhile, they’re eating the main course and they let out a new burp that’s rocking the kitchen table.”

Has he been to Lowell?

We become our parents, this truism is inescapable. I’ve started using every opportunity possible to inform young people that I remember when all this were fields :unamused:

3 Likes