The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

“Knights of the road” my arse…

…and yes, I do know it’s a piss-take.

3 Likes

When driverless comes, these cunts are first up against the wall.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Daughter this morning: “I just wish that our car was glow in the dark”

I think she’s got a point, it would be fucking cool. Great market opportunity?

1 Like

Here you go

VB

There’s your weekend sorted, Adam. A gallon of that and a 4" brush, I reckon you could nail it in an hour or so.

Just think of the joy it would bring

Yeah imagine how great that’d be :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Back in the days of luminous watches Humbrol sold tins of luminous paint. I recall having some & daubing it on assorted white objects in my bedroom such that they glowed in the dark. God only knows what was in that paint but I suspect it (and luminous watch dials) fairly soon became history.

Half of it did anyway.

8 Likes

Yeah, short half life

1 Like

Tritium.

Yes most likely.

Radium (which seems to have been used in watches) has a much longer half life (1600 years) & was apparently banned in the 60’s.

I recall seeing a documentary that show workers licking a small paint brush, then dipping it in the radium, to paint on the luminous numerals, then lick the brush again and repeat.

My ex nursed a few workers from the old De Havilland works in Christchurch who used to paint/repaint aircraft dials and meters - faces eaten-up by fungating carcinomas…

The radium girls

Occupational disease is a cunt…

There’s a huge push on by the HSE at the moment to stamp it out.

Silicosis is the next biggie…

I remember about 15 years ago going on a management awayday that we spent with an ex-HSE inspector just running over the big H&S picture where we worked. His very first point was that when people say “health and safety gone mad” they almost always only mean safety. We can be reasonably proud of our occupational safety record and culture. But occupational health can sometimes comes a very distant second.

VB

4 Likes

I’m sure most on here (being savvy) get meat from the butchers. But to any who don’t, I implore you to find a good butcher and use it. The quality is so much better and ours is in fact cheaper than supermarkets.

Bacon, mince and chicken are all vastly superior from a butchers.

8 Likes

Nothing worse than taking your glasses off when you don’t have them on;