The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Only clots are acceptable here

1 Like

Cheese scone + salted butter + caramelised onion marmalade + cream cheese = epic culinary win :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I enjoy mine as a scone sarnie, so to speak. TBH it all goes in one gobfull anyway so the order of the filling is nonsensical. I prefer raspberry jam to strawberry jam.

There is no other for scones.

1 Like

Quite right too. I would go for savoury every time. I’m not that big a fan of cream teas…but if you are going to have one it should be done correctly :face_with_monocle:

I love both.

It appals me to see what gets passed-off as a cream tea in some parts of Britain - single and boggo double cream, “cream” out of spray cans, jams that are anything other than home-made strawberry, supermarket scones, peel and even spice in the scones, unsalted butter, even m#rg#r#n#!!! :face_vomiting: You name it: criminal obscenities perpetrated in the name of something wonderful.

Horrifying - there should be custodial sentences for such monsters.

You’re too soft. It’s what’s wrong with this country, When we take back control, it should be possible to hang draw & quarter people serving low fat spread or Hartleys jam as part of a cream tea.

6 Likes

I am suitably humbled, you are of course quite right - examples must be made!

“low fat spread” . . . or “Vaseline” as we used to know it . . .:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

1 Like

has to be Salted butter, jam then heaped clotted cream. It doesn’t work the other way round, you cant spread jam on heaped cream

3 Likes

Good to see the engineering argument put forward correctly :+1:

2 Likes

Good jam is spooned, not spread.

So there.

1 Like

I justed wanted to say that this place is top of the league when it comes to long distance pedantry.

The levels of stamina on display here are mind boggling.

5 Likes

It’s nice to know we are achieving our goals.

It’s puzzling to reflect that we have goals…

BTW, does scone rhyme with bone or gone? Just wondering like…:thinking:

I like to pronounce scone either way, just to keep those around me on their toes. :+1:

1 Like

Since collar-gate, I have developed an irritating habit of always talking in the singular. It is particularly annoying with scone and bun.

You provide adequate scone. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not in Perth and Kinross it doesn’t Scone, Scotland - Wikipedia.

VB

2 Likes