The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

That’s where I’ve been going then :rolling_eyes:

Ginger Baker Beats Burglars Senseless Sodomizes 1 with Walking Stick

http://www.madhousemagazine.com/single-post/2016/10/27/Ginger-Baker-Beats-Burglars-Senseless-Sodomizes-1-with-Walking-Stick

Mildy droll spoof

A ticket pocket on both foreparts of the jacket? Utterly tasteless.

3 Likes

We can all imagine your “ladies”

Makes me happy that does.

They could’ve avoided all this unnecessary fuss if they’d just sent Infantino a couple of hundred quid in a brown envelope. Always worked before.

6 Likes

FTFY

Your avatar seems to have some sort of Santa hat on. Please get te fuck with it until December. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

First we tell Europe to fuck off with the Brexit vote and now we tell Fifa we won’t do as we are told.
At this rate it won’t be long before we alienate everyone and end up like North Korea - bring it on.:grinning:

Government need Parliament approval for Brexit, Court rules. Government to appeal, after all, can’t have parliamentary democracy getting in the way of taking back control eh.

1 Like

Looks from the judgement that whilst the Government have leave to appeal, there’s very little basis on which they can:

https://twitter.com/Law_and_policy/status/794128098153426944

Let’s assume the appeals fail and the vote goes to Parliament. I don’t think a majority of MPs will vote it down. The victory will be Pyrrhic in that respect.

If the MPs vote in line with their constituents’ wishes then this will amount to a second referendum - somewhat better informed than the first one since, for example, we know a) a bit more now about what Boris, Gove etc are really like, b) that the economy didn’t spontaneously combust the day after the vote, c) all the immigrants aren’t going to be loaded onto the first boat home and d) that if we vote Leave ‘as a protest’ or ‘for a bit of a laugh’ we may wake up and find that, er, we actually have to Leave (durrrrrrrr). It’d be a brave MP who crossed his/her constituents on this one.

VB

1 Like

I predict the gloating (Remainers) and the sniping/bitching (Brexiteers) will become unbearable.

1 Like

What was the breakdown by constituencies?

Mine will. She’s a fucking cow. Constituency voted remain.

Good question. We don’t know (the votes were neither cast nor counted by constituency of course). Here’s a ‘best estimate’ by a professional Revised estimates of Leave vote share in Westminster constituencies | by Chris Hanretty | Medium. It looks as though Leave should win a parliamentary vote convincingly as long as no-one’s changed their mind since the day of the referendum. As long as …

VB

Then constituency can vote her out at the next election. I suspect voters care about this. A lot.

VB

They can, but they wont. At best the local party will de-elect her and even that will be unlikely. i really wouldn’t read too much into this Court ruling, it has only said that Parliament must approve the triggering of Article 50, not the Government via Royal prerogative.

Corbyn wont support a reversal of the referendum, neither will May. Will be interesting to see how many MPs side with the SNP and the Liberals, but I doubt an overall majority will.

As for constituency vs referendum, not as easy to work out as one might assume, but still, the Leave side will be strong on this.

It’s the level of scrutiny that the negotiating position will be subjected to that’ll be the issue. May won’t be able to blithely wave questions away with her Brexit means Brexit line any longer. The Lords, where the government doesn’t have a majority, will also make progress extremely difficult.

1 Like