The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

I think you’ve missed the point, she’s doing it to show how ridiculous GOP “logic” is on abortion etc. by applying the same standards to men.

2 Likes

Indeed, brain not engaged yet.

“The app that controls the vibrator is barely secured, allowing anyone within bluetooth range to seize control of the device”

Loving this -

1 Like

Day 3 of charging a positively offensive day rate and it’s looking like i might actually be able to log in this afternoon :thumbsup:

4 Likes

You’re private sector though aren’t you? There’s not really an offensive rate for charging private companies. In the public sector I think there definitely is an offensive rate, because you’re effectively taking money from the public purse and fellow tax payers, and you need to be guided by what you would be happy for some-one else to be paid out of your taxes.

1 Like

Had a (presumed) woman who looked like a late 1980’s Ronnie Wood giving me the eye.

It’s been a long time since I’ve partaken in any boinky-boinky, but some (admittedly low) standards must be maintained.

4 Likes

Did she call herself Kellie Maloney perchance?

Naw, Maloney’s more of a Brian Jones.

I think there are some who would disagree.

At my last office we even had Russell Brand (with a camera crew obvs) hopping around outside screeching “HOW MUCH ARE YOU PAID” through the windows.

Security weren’t best impressed.

Brand is a knob

7 Likes

This. He’s also an attention whore with no real morals so he really isn’t some-one I would elevate to the position of self appointed chair of the remuneration committee.

Day rates are an odd thing because they don’t effectively create a link between the value being created and the amount the client is willing to pay for it.

I’ve quoted rates to a client in the past who said ‘how much?’, but when I framed it in terms of the cost to get all of his operating theatres running more efficiently and save his job he didn’t bat an eyelid. Same for GP commissioners who moaned that I was being paid more than them - once I reminded them that I was paid that much because I knew how to reduce their total expenditure by 5%, raise outcomes and negotiate with providers because they didn’t, they changed their tune rather quickly!

1 Like

True, but where the service is something like software development, where post of the job might be to work out what the hell the customer wants, they can be justified.

Basically, where the service is closer to employment, a day rate is often best. Where the time can be readily estimated well, then a job rate is good, but passing all the cost risk down to the individual providing the service didn’t always make sense.

The ability to manage that risk is part of what should justify the paying of higher premium day rates.

Agreed - and that in part is why a consultancy firm can have higher rates than the individual

Fixt :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I never said they were good value!

1 Like

One for @Penance perhaps…

2 Likes

I’m off to my special place.

4 Likes