The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

5 Likes

No. 5 is interesting!

2 Likes

Grammar/proofing fail at the Scotsman

Surely he could have thought up a better DJ name than this?

4 Likes

Ellie joined the Air Training Corps tonight. We thought she would just hang around and get the feel of it for the first night…

She came home in a full set of CS95 uniform, plus beret, has signed up for a weekend camp next week, and is buzzing about how she loves the drill…

Also the little sod has volunteered to help staff a water station for the Wigan 10k this Sunday, which means, on the only day of the week that I get a lie in, I have to get up at 7:00 to get her to the drill hall… Bloody kids…

8 Likes

Print this off and give to her.

I repeat print it off, for the love of god don’t let her near the forum section as it makes mumsnet look like the Anglican Church synod.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Bulling_Boots

3 Likes

Need some of these…

3 Likes

Name needs more work, I reckon

1 Like

Yeah, pedotoy is much better. :cop:

My brother in law told me about a visit he’d made to London which took in all sorts of lesser known historical artefacts that can be visited or looked at. I don’t have his list (will try to get it) but the idea intrigued me. I’m putting together my own list & this odd item will be on it.

5 Likes

Excellent had never heard of it

That’s great Guy. I love things like this, do you know of any books that deal with things like that?

The Peter Ackroyd book London a biography dropped that one out in the first chapter but I’m sure there will be a good many more.

Guy’s Thatched Hamlet is an actual thing, saw a sign to it today.

http://www.guysthatchedhamlet.co.uk

1 Like

Lol, I thought that said Guy’s Thatched Helmet for a second :smiley:

1 Like

9 Likes

I remember seeing that years ago and looking it up, we used to go to a pub near to it where the entrance to the toilet was a book case.

1 Like

Funniest put down I have heard in a long time earlier this evening… My old friend Tom is down from Edinburgh this weekend and we met up with him.

Unfortunately for Tom, his trousers were slightly higher up than your normal trouser would be. Not hugely, but enough to have the piss taken. Constantly.

Anyhoo… finally the young apprentice turns up and by way of introduction, shakes his hand and spouts forth this gem… “what size chest are those trousers?”.

Kwality, as we say round these parts. :slight_smile:

6 Likes