The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

I’ve ordered some funky reading pince nez

dunno why the website displayed here is in French - the one I saw was in Eng.

1 Like

I thought about putting this in the cockpunch thread., but as I don’t know enough about the Merseyrail dispute…

New contract day 6, and I still haven’t written a line of code.

Just had sprint planning. A lack of well-formed business stories, accompanied by a reluctance to spend on technical debt means no work.

Golly, that’s just a little bit familiar. The only difference being that I’ve doubled my take-home.

The wonders of the modern workplace.

7 Likes

Sounds a perfect job.
If they need an apprentice to loaf about all day,please put me forward.

1 Like

The lunches aren’t up to standard

1 Like

I could make a killing on lunch expensives if they have a microwave.

1 Like

One contract I did a few years ago, I started with five other contractors and we didn’t even get computers to work on for over two weeks and when we did it took another two weeks to get access rights to install Visual Studio and SQL Server.

Salad?

Seen from the other side this was the story of Mrs VB’s life when she was supervising contractors. Security were a law unto themselves - “The answer’s No, now what’s the question ?”. To be fair they were often working worryingly close to the live systems.

VB

only proper food in Hertfordshire - given it was St Albans - I’d bet it was organic as well…

No quinoa. Couldn’t be a local.

3 Likes

updates here:

Nutjob drives into a couple of people, then tried to enter the Palace of Westminster brandishing a knife. Shots fired.
Police calling it a “Terrorist Threat”. I stand to be corrected, but why ? It’s a loose cannon. Even if he’s got some sympathy for a terrorist agenda, he’s a knife carrying chancer who has tried to enter one of the heaviest security areas in the UK.

As soon as ANYTHING happens these days it’s a “terrorist threat”.
These statements just give fuel to REAL terrorists. Terrorists win AGAIN !!

7 Likes

Yeah, but think of the opportunities for restricting civil liberties.

6 Likes

If it’s a political act it’s terrorism. Simple.

It has another consequence… certain legal powers then become available.

The police do like to reinforce the word “criminals”, though, to remind people these arseholes are just bad.

Fake News

No doubt trump will be wringing ever last drop of this to get polices through.

Were they using laptops to run people over with? Ban them I say…