The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Hmm, Microsoft have just discovered that my windows 7 isn’t genuine. Do I (1) buy windows 10, (2) reinstall and stop it updating, (3) spend hours trying to fix it, or (4) buy an OEM licence off eBay for £3?

You could have updated to 10 for nothing while the offer was on, even the gibbed versions.

It’s a newly rebuilt laptop, had vista on it previously.

Any argument that Microsoft ever might deserve money is undone by vista

2 Likes

Put some form of Linux on it.

I need J River with inputs. The Linux version doesn’t have inputs. Really annoying.

Although if the Linux J River had inputs, the laptop would give way to a raspberry pi…

(2)

IMO

Isn’t that rather inviting the anal probe from script-kiddie types?

4 is the least hassle option imo

But can you get a bunch of other valuables perks for £20 a year though?

3 Likes

4 Likes

Been at my contract for 10 months and haven’t even started the project I was hired for yet, have just been extended for 6 months as they want me to stick with what I was helping do to pass the time.

There is an upside though…all the spare time you have sitting with your finger up your arse contracting, allows you to think up more elaborate and nebulous complaints about IR35.

Get to the foot of our stairs with your contracting boolshit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

meh maybe art but the rest is a nightmare - now physics, maths and doing stuff with lathes/soldering irons would be a dream day…

I think i’d really enjoy History & Geography now,school came to early for me.Should of started school in my mid 40s.

Never too late.

Well maybe for school … but not for learning

1 Like

are you leaking

data?

that there is art you know…more years ago than I care to remember I used to teach multimedia students who used to make similar for their final project…