The Wonderful World of Turntable Design AKA: Dave's Fugly World Of TT Wank

Hella neat setup Right There :+1:t3:

1 Like

Arrived today - an el cheapo Pioneer PL112D which will allow me to switch between my not so perfect vinyl & mono stuff

5 Likes

All thanks to the West Sussex massive - TT from Robbie once of the ‘Wam parish and Adam Billingham of Audio suspension both Hove-ish and good chaps. Adam did me a bespoke shelf for the Inspire, reasonable price too.

Worth a look

6 Likes

Egg-static

2 Likes

Jeez, that’s horrible

3 Likes

No doubt Dave will love it :smirk:

2 Likes

The turntables on this thread are mostly awful, it’s not hard to make a great sounding deck that’s nice to look at.

3 Likes

Kind of reminds me of this…

6 Likes

I have never liked the look of the Voyd, it looks clumsy and ugly to me. The Pink is great though.

Have to agree about the looks - sound nice though, so I could overlook the fugly.

1 Like

Indeed, although I like the look of the Voyd (and the PTA)

I can live with the looks of the Voyd, considering its SQ. Also, compared to the giant love egg or the tripods of brass and aluminium it’s feckin lovely.

2 Likes

I’m not listening to a lot of vinyl so but rather get rid I was thinking of getting a cheap PT, what is the pecking order for them, the ones I know of are

LPT
Export
PT1
PT Too
Anni

Anni, all day long

depends what you think ‘cheap’ is

The anni would be a huge upgrade over the origin live and more than double what I paid for it so bit of a non starter.

I was thinking of a PT1 but not sure if the Too or export is better?

Anni, then the original PT, then PT Too/ export ( essentially the same except the too had its PS in a seoerate box, it is in the plinth in the export) then the LPT. As much as I love Pink Triangle decks, there are some old dogs out there for silly money.
The Funk Firm LSD is very good.

There’s a PT1 on pfm for £695 I was thinking about making an offer on, is that over priced? It has a rega fitting so I’m hoping the PU7 would be a good match.

Really depends on when it was made, the original PT saw a few component changes during its lifespan. I wouldn’t pay that for it. If it is a late model in mint condition and it is what you want it could be worth a cheeky offer.