Things you no longer see

I think the evidence you cite demonstrates more that evolution is a two-way road…

3 Likes

Things you no longer see…

My bollocks, unless I use a mirror

1 Like

…Fuck you Rowntree’s

2 Likes

Customers in Hifi Shops.

2 Likes

You don’t see Rowntree any more, they were bought out by Nestle years ago.

Milkmen

We never did see our milkman - he always came round at stupid-o-clock AFAIK. If the local pub had a late licence you risked losing your pinta to drunks on their way home. But he’s still delivering. Or someone is, at least. We get milk on the doorstep three days a week.

VB

That’s just you - he’d arrange a time with your wife when you weren’t in :+1:

2 Likes

She was some sort of an engineer for most of her working life. The typical male:female gender ratio was everyone-else-who-worked-there:Mrs VB. If she wasn’t as pure as the driven snow she’d have had no need of the milkman. Then she was a postie for a short spell. Which, I imagine, is a bit like actually being a milkman.

VB

1 Like

I used to have a Saturday job as a milkman when I was at school. Xmas tips were great!

My first job in the late 70s was a milkman as a trainee manager.

2 of us thought it would be a good idea to buy a bit of dope after the round in Wembley,sadly the batteries on the float gave up the ghost,so we had to ring the depot to come and pick us up,took a bit of explaining.

5 Likes

Replace the milk bottles with parcels and it’s almost exactly like this:

And this:

1 Like

Soon the vile scourge that is People Selling Hifi For A Living will be cleansed from the face of the Earth! :+1:

2 Likes

Rats Tails, These need to come back immediately. Don’t like the guy trying to dance with your partner? Whip that fool straight in the eyes with your incredible ‘Dutty Whine’. Want to come across like an ancient Chinese master in the boardroom? twirl that shit in contemplation. Want to play conkers but your hands are full? Grow yourself a virile hair antennae and say fuck you to that tired lumberjack short back and sides.

3 Likes

Me too.

Uncle puncle

1 Like

I pm’d him yesterday, but no response as yet. He’s not been on since 10th September. I don’t remember any unpleasantness towards him beyond our usual background cuntishness so can’t think of a reason why he’d flounce.

Hope he’s Ok.

1 Like

I’m sure he’s fine. probably just having a little time off the boards. I’m sure he did it once or twice back in the other place too :thinking:

Either that or he’s had a very bad run on the gee gees and decided to top himself…

3 Likes

Maybe it was all the red wine and listening to the same records on rotation?

1 Like

Children’s heads on the news. Now we’re restricted to shuffling torsos. Bizarre.