Today I have mainly been V2.0

Is that some sort of euphemism ?

VB

3 Likes

Plasterers labourer, probably the hardest job on the building.
Amazed you attempted it!

Not nowadays. The lazy barstewards use drills to mix. Was expecting an old bathtub in all honesty.

Fuck builders for taking the piss out of my ‘too straight’ scratch coat lines.

That is what I remember as a kid when my old man used to take me on site.
Seriously hard work and a good plasterer seemed to use the stuff in minutes.

1 Like

I bet that horse hair was a killer Kev :grin:

1 Like

Actually that has reminded me of the first time I ever heard my old man swear, (he never ever bought it home from work).
He was a chippy and I was 17 and doing some work with him in the holidays.
I did something cack-handedly idiotic and he just looked at me in disbelief for a moment then said ‘That posh Grammar School you got to - Is it full of stupid cunts like you?’

I was genuinely shocked!

9 Likes

I miss the journeymen of old.

I’m still here mate :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Folk by the Oak at Hatfield House. Headliner was Amy Macdonald supported by Billy Bragg who was fun.

Took some cans and picnic - nice day out, frying in the sun

someone (not us) was doing advanced picnicking

our little spot

2 Likes

oo_err_missus

1 Like

always good to hear what billy bragg has to say , wonder if he still supports brexit !!

Looks very civilised. They should rename it “Posh Folk by The Oak” :smile:

One can only hope he wasn’t going commando !

Billy Bragg had something to say about the “posh people at the back with their tables and chairs” :grinning:

no, no - too hot, too sticky and too much chaffing.

Today I have mostly been taking my youngest granddaughter to the Sea Life Centre in Brighton with the Mrs. A thoroughly good time was had.

7 Likes

Just love those little caterpillars in Wolverhampton colours ,well they used to be anyway. Not seen any for years and spotted a load today

Picking, washing and freezing the first 6lbs of blackberries (didn’t take all day !).

VB

2 Likes

Brewing, cooking (BBQ), trimming tomatoes, drinking, laying in hammock, and drinking :+1:

1 Like

Blimey they’re early.