Today I have mainly been

I’d have thought you would have stayed for hurricane :thinking:

Do you mean in the Betty Ford sense ?

VB

3 Likes

Today (by that I mean this afternoon) I have mainly been replacing the Valve Cover Gasket on my Z4’s engine. It had been leaking a bit of oil due to the 14 year old rubber gasket hardening up and becoming brittle, a common occurrence with the M54 now they’re getting older.

New gasket installed.

Cleaned up ready to refit, looks good for a 14yr old engine.

Very satisfying when it fired up without issue. Went for a spin and no oil leak :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Gardening

Picking up and stowing all the loose stuff in the garden, Taking out a couple of loose fence panels and generally battening down the hatches for tomorrow evening. Now predicted at 65mph steady winds, gusting well over that. Luckily the neighbor just hooked up with a roofer as her new beau, he is going to be busy come Tuesday.

Cough…

Yea, yea ,yea, so the forecast changed, a lot!

My forecast didn’t :crossed_fingers:

I knew you were going to say that :slight_smile:

well forecasted then
:smile:

having a bit of a nightmare with those flooring connectors that connect 2 heights of flooring , oh my goodness what a pain they are sometimes !!! did it in the end after a struggle . take my hat of to people who can do lino though !

Triage… exciting times

1 Like

Speaking from experience being there is bad news but particularly so late at night/early in the morning. Hope all is well and that this is resolved swiftly and painlessly.

…or it could be the imminent birth? :+1:

Best wishes to Becky - hope all goes really well :grinning:

7 Likes

Taking my eldest daughter to Manchester Airport as she is starting her first full time job in reseach at Helsinki Uni for the next 4 years.

Her dog will follow later, so Curtis now has company for a couple of months.

5 Likes

Sitting in a training room gaining knowledge for my City & Guilds in ACWE (Workplace Assessments).
This is the view from the room…

Obvs London somewhere, which road?

Oxford Street & Corner of Argyll St?

1 Like

I was going to say isn’t that ball achingly tedious drivel that goes on and on and on… but then I remembered your love of prog and therefore concluded that you’re not only used to it but you also pay for the pleasure :laughing:

10 Likes

I see your workplace assessments and raise you examining car parking tickets and notices to establish the complete chain of VAT liability.

Never try to outdull an accountant…

4 Likes