Today I have mainly been

Did you take your bucket?

1 Like

No need… wasn’t that far but we’ll take it. 9 years ago was told would never walk again.

The NHS, this particular consultant and sheer dogged determination paying off.

Just hope she keeps improving.

14 Likes

:+1: No surrender

Nice touch subtly adapting and embroidering the AA logo, delicate yet potently masculine

8 Likes

The glare off those new gnashers @Wayward ! Good job that the sun was in or they would compete with @crimsondonkey’s legs for inflicting sun blindness on the innocent bystander.

2 Likes

Except my skinny pins have caught the sun so are currently milky white rather than ultrabrite white :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Folk by the Oak at Hatfield House…The Levellers headlining at the moment

2 Likes

Entertaining my two youngest grandchildren - no better fun.

4 Likes

Trying out some speaker binding posts on an original Quad II. Normally these amps are fitted with Bulgin 4mm sockets. They’re not bad actually (the inner contacts are silver plated and shine up nicely with Silvo on a cotton bud followed by a cleaning and drying). But they’re nothing special and if you just use bare wire leads then they won’t accept those. So I was asked if I could look at binding posts. A condition was that the original Quad metalwork couldn’t be cut and this set some limits. First, the original sockets were pretty closely spaced - just 9/16" centre-to-centre - and the chassis holes were just 5/16". So fat posts and/or those with thick feedthroughs were out of the question. Fortunately Audio Note do some relatively thin ones. Second, there always needs to be some mechanism for stopping the posts rotating when the cable clamps are tightened. Commonly there are flats on the feedthrough or a locating key, in each case matching a flat or a keyway in the panel. There are no such flats or keyways in the Quad. So I CNC’d a couple of backing plates with keyways for the AN posts out of 2mm uPVC which is a good colour match to the Quad paintwork. Anyway, here’s the result, with the other backing plate so you can see the detail. There’s even room (just) to fit the insulating sheaths if you’re so inclined.

VB

8 Likes

Cleaning records - Some nice shortbread in reserve once finished. Nap planned for 14:15.

4 Likes

Looking good.

Need to pace yourself at your age.

1 Like

Imagine how much he’ll need his nap once he has an ankle-biter around the house.

Having a sprog at 50, I don’t envy him one little bit.

1 Like

*Prowess and virility 10/10

*Your progeny sitting in your house waiting for you to die 1/10

3 Likes

2 Likes

Phew! I can almost smell that from here :mask:

2 Likes

“Handing over” completed Herts school projects; first in Croxley Green at 10 this morning, then onto Hemel Hempstead for 12 noon and finally Hoddeston at 2.30.

Back home now and fucked…:relieved:

Several years ago following the birth of fruit of loin 1, I purchased a collapsible hammock which is still ritualistically erected at 14:00 daily ‘dans le bureau’. It is hear in combination with the onset of middle age the mind garden was revealed to me. I find it impishly thrilling to be deeply focused and energized completely from 5am until 14:00 at with point a spiritually ethereal state ensues as it becomes time to drift and float in deep meditation into the sexy womb of the cosmos. Regenerated and invigorated I emerge from my swinging cocoon capable of domesticity - the nappies, teaching fruit of loin 1 the finer points of dinosaur roaring and gazing at the moon through the vellux window before he goes to bed.
I am unsure how the arrival for fruit of loin number 2 will effect the perfect policy listed above. I am making contingency plans to extend nap time form 1 till 5 perhaps with cake break mid doze.

8 Likes

Talking to the NHS PCT person, in ever decreasing circles.

On the plus side John (Mr. Me) is dropping around.

There haven’t been PCT’s for 4 years. But wait a bit longer and they’ll be back :smile: