1 Like

Jesus wept

If you’d have dragged your arse to Lopwell it would all make sense :nerd_face:

1 Like

Exquisite

It makes sense.

But it’s still wrong :smirk:

Making comfrey tea

Replacing the grill thermocouple in our cooker, which was an utter bastard to do because

1: The probe end is held in place with a fucking imperial size brass nut. This in a cooker that’s approx 10 years old. 7/16" as I eventually found out after trying 10mm, 11mm and, realising it wasn’t metric, 3/8 " spanners. Luckily, I have obsolete stuff in my tool kit.

2: Said nut was virtually welded solid, it took much GT85 to free it off.

3: The back of the grill was minging with ancient grease (but none on the aforementioned nut, which might have stopped it seizing) which transferred itself to my hands really easily, but which was an absolute twat to wash off…

4: the fumes from the GT85, trapped in the box which comprises the grill, caused an impressive fireball when I lit the grill. Thankfully I resisted the temptation to peer into the grill as I lit it, or I might be sans any eyebrows/lashes this evening. And the kitchen still reeks of burnt GT85.

Then I mowed the lawns, did some washing, picked the kids up, took them to the opticians, then got dragged around Every. Fucking. Clothes. Shop in Wigan, got bullied into buying McDonald’s for them, got moaned at by Claire for buying a saw, despite the fact it’s required to make her decking palace dream a reality, and I got it at approx 50% of RRP.

Oh, and bought a Beatles album.

Coverack got a bit trashed yesterday but I’m sure they’ll tidy it up fairly quickly.

1 Like

Which one?

Red 62-66.

It’s the DeAgostini issue.

I like being able to buy vinyl in WH Smiths again, even if it is from the magazine section. Takes me back to my yoof.

1 Like

Is it a good press? I bought the Abbey Road a while back, haven’t opened it yet

They are honestly very good. Like the Jazz @33 1\3 series.

I did a back to back with the Sgt Pepper one, which came from the same 2009 remaster as the mint one I already had, so a pretty fair comparison.

The DA press was easily better. Whether it was down to better vinyl, newer mothers, or better cutting, I don’t know. But there’s deffo more detail there.

Next one up is “With The Beatles” which I have a nice, early Mono of, so looking forward to hearing what a modern stereo remaster sounds like compared to it.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I bought three of the jazz ones and they are very good.

I bought some new sandals today. :grin:

2 Likes

With socks to go with them?

1 Like

I already have matching socks, thank you.

3 Likes