Today I have mainly been

Are you talking to Olan (for his hi-fi) or Jim (for his costume) ?

VB

Anyone who will listen

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure whether I will move to the 12s or update the tweeter and crossover in the 8s. This is the point of the demo really

No.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Avantgarde hornsā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Yes,that was my thoughts

I know where there is a nice pair, for sale!

Recovering Ā£1000 from a recalcitrant dealer after years of trying by simply paying Ā£3 for the right kind of stiff letter from an online firm of solicitors. Not sure why I hadnā€™t done this sooner. Anyhow, result. :smiley:

Weā€™d pretty much written it off.

15 Likes

Sperling L-1 Turntable/Durand Tonearm

Zellaton

1 Like

Too much bling for me Bob, particularly the T/T.

Those Zellaton speakers are bloody fabulous, the only ones I have heard that are on a par are the S5 by Magico.

What are they worth?

The speakers are $130K, there are smaller ones :grin:

The small stand mounts start at Ā£20K, perhaps a tad expensive. The stand mounts sound remarkably similar to my Ensemble PA-1 Reference, just a little bit better / cleaner.

No Bob, he asked how much they are worth not how much they cost. I await your appraisal with interest*.

*not really. :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™ll think about them. Iā€™m more likely to use the $130K as a start point for saving for the deposit on an Astra though. Or some muffins.

2 Likes

This afternoon

Stopped on the way to Bexhill for the Toots and Maytals gig

5 Likes

Plural?

3 Likes

Feeling proud at daughterā€™s graduation day at Lancaster University. Going for dinner soon at The Waterwitch by the canal :+1:

14 Likes

Congrats, Pete, to you both. Have a great evening.

Thanks. She worked really hard to get here and even harder to get her degree, didnā€™t come easy.

Just hope she can get a job now, second interview next week so hoping it will work out.

4 Likes

Congrats to both, nice pub, lovely spot

1 Like