Today I have mainly been

You’re not far from me then. You could call in and pick up that copy of The Crown I forgot to post to you!

1 Like

That will be quite a long ride - it’s a massive lake. Done some trout fishing from a boat on Bewl a few times :+1:

Lovely place. Been there loads of time with the kids when they were smaller and now the grandkids.

Sourcing some 0.25uF decently made polypropylene film caps.

I’m replacing the components in a Leak Stereo20 for a chap who wants a stable fit-and-forget job doing. So I’m using modern carbon film resistors (this ‘high stab’ technology was around at the time the amp was made but was too expensive back then for most manufacturers to use), 125C electrolytics and good quality film capacitors. Unfortunately 0.25uF is no longer a standard value (the nearest in the E12 range is 0.22uF). Fortunately, if you’re prepared to buy enough of them, Ansar will make them to order. So I’ve put an order in and will aim to use them in other kit as time goes on.

For now I’ve tacked in four 0.22uFs alongside all the other replacement components which I’ve laid out in the rather OCD way that Leak were famous for (all the resistor bands pointing the same way, all the wire bends at right angles etc). The 0.22’s do stick out though !

VB

13 Likes

Tis’ a thing of beauty, nice work :slight_smile:

Were there pearlescent blobs in the water :weary:

2 Likes

Black sabbath?

2 Likes

Tony Iommi solo album.

Left handed ?

VB

Just finished, absolutely bolloxed. Don’t even mind paying a fiver for a small bottle of peroni, tastes like nectar…

2 Likes

Attracts the fish :+1:

4 Likes

You going on holiday this year Jim ?

1 Like

more signing, receiving the result of our accreditation visit, and this evening erecting 1.8m sisal covered pole.

Only slightly less aggro than preparing for, and actually receiving the accreditation panel IME. Loads and loads of nasty paperwork…

tell me about it, this actually started 5 years ago when I instigated major reviews of all our taught provision so they were ready for accreditation.

Then I have been living and breathing this submission since I started work on it in April 2016, through to submission in September 2016, the crazy panel event in November, the report in Jan 2017, followed by our 90 day response in April… and now the final result… actually, I’m chuffed we achieved the best possible levels of accreditation for each of our different Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes - I even got a “congratulations” from the VC

Take sabbatical now. There is an even shittier job in the pipeline for you…

1 Like

You funboys need to get a (marking) room.

2 Likes

Anyone just got back from holiday?

Displaying an attitude like that will not be helpful during your unsatisfactory progress hearing young man…

:face_with_monocle:

Feckin hell, it’s like being back in the Scouts. Cubmaster said my woggle was the straightest ! :grinning:

3 Likes