Today I have mainly been

Yes, I was just pondering the relative frequency of “servicing” requirements but best not go there.

1 Like

Ahh, the penny has dropped. I’ll say hello next time. Did have a listen to your system and it was sounding lovely (and much better than that one downstairs). :wink:

1 Like

I did, typo on my part

I have been using a VSPS in my main system for several years now, either driven directly from a Shure M91ED or via a Partridge SUT from a Benz Micro Ace L. It really works very well considering the simplicity. I think you’ll find it to be more than adequate in this application.

I did design a PCB for it. It was one of my “early attempts” at PCB design but works well. I could dig out the design and make you a few boards next time I do a batch if you like?

… and hiding separates in knock-out boxes and embedding them in the wall is perhaps an extreme way to hide them from SWMBO but one I’ll bear in mind just in case.:grin:

I hadn’t thought about putting it into the wall, just into the radiogram. But we do have a TV distribution amplifier under the floorboards in one of the bedrooms which has been sending TV signals to IIRC eight different outlets 24/7 for about 20 years.

VB

we had one of those, down there for about 15 years doing its job nicely. So nicely I forgot it existed, then I put down some sheet ply and a nice wooden floor…then the distribution amplifier kicked the bucket…it took days for me to remember it existed and where, and then give up lifting my nice for to replace it…

Mainly winding the supermarket checkout girls up.
No.1 ‘Sorry about your wait.’
'Yes, I’ve been thinking I need to diet.'
Looked very non plussed, no initial comment and then half way through being served, laughter and ‘I get it now’.

No.2 ‘Do you need help with your packing.’
'That’s very kind of you, I’ll give you a call when I’m going on holiday.'
Similar response to No.1

Well, it keeps me entertained during a ball ache of a job, not particularly funny if at all, but it makes me titter.

2 Likes

You need to stay in more.

3 Likes

I went out once

2 Likes

I know, it’s fucking sad innit.
I used to do my Christmas shopping wearing an India Jones type hat, the nutter in the hat always got served first, that made me titter as well.

I wonder whether there are any secure facilities in your community that you should either be committed to, or more likely, returned to.

1 Like

It was rare to see that much top end ANUK gear out & actually in use at a show. The full monty AN TT-3 Ref turntable with 3 power supplies & one of their Ongakus. Good of Tony W to take it all along. Some heavy lifting involved there! Did you take any pics?

Monthly food (and drink, of course) shopping in Lerwick.

9 1/2 hours

9 1/2 fucking hours

Good job it’s only once a month!

3 Likes

Fuck, I spend about 40 hours a week commuting. Fuckity fuck, that’s depressing

1 Like

I spend about 1 1/4 hours a day commuting, used to be 2 hours each way some years ago, don’t do that shite any more. 40 hours = 8 hours a day, wtf?

[smug mode] office is about 2 miles away and including the stop to get a coffee and (non scalford) muffin it’s 15 mins door to desk [/smug mode]

I feel your pain

30 years ago, when we used to live in the suburbs of Oxford and were working all the weekday hours there were, we could still spend 10-20% of our ‘awake time’ at weekends sitting in the city’s desperately bad traffic. There were times when I could have walked the 4-5 miles into the city centre faster than I could drive. And if I hadn’t had to pick up heavy stuff I might well have done. And as for driving inside the M25, most of the time that’s straight out of Dante’s inferno …

VB

The driving is no issue, there’s barely any traffic and the scenery is nice. The worst bit is filling a large trolley in Tesco, putting it in the car and going back in to fill another trolley. Then going to the Co-op and the butchers for another load. It’s the shopping bit I don’t like and it’s too much for Lou to do it, so I go.

Couldn’t you just get Waitrose to deliver ?

VB

4 Likes