Today I have mainly been

You are Keith from Purite and I claim my £5.

4 Likes

If I was Keith I’d say that your £5 from the bank of england is shit and you need the £5 I sell from the bank of scotland.

If I was Keith I would say that I’ve measured my wallet and that £5 fits better in it than yours and is therefore worth more like £10 :nerd_face:

1 Like

Trying to work out whether to replace my dishwasher or to attempt to wring a bit more life out of it by applying a good deal of epoxy. A genuinely gloom-inducing activity :frowning_face:.

VB

Daughter’s 4th birthday party today :astonished:

3 Likes

we recently had 4 engineers to fix our dishwasher …actually wish i had bought a new one !!

today been mainly running around keeping musicians happy with their foldbacks and balancing sound eq , then painting all pm

Just got back from releasing an adult Tawney Owl back from where he has found nearly dead. A month being looked after in the Cuan Wildlife Centre and he’s fully fit.

I’ve got 2 pretty crap videos but cannot work out how to convert to gif or to compress. He flew off pretty quickly!

11 Likes

Given that we bought this one in about 1994 I fear that no-one who fixes them for a living would touch it. That said, it still ‘works’ fine. It’s just disintegrating, that’s all. And the few online outlets that list the failing part (the fascia panel, to which the controls are, or were, screwed) describe it either as ‘discontinued’ or as ‘obsolete’. I’d like a new one too. But the word on the street seems to be that the life expectancy of current white goods is a few years if you’re lucky.

VB

Siemens.

1 Like

Stains.

3 Likes
1 Like

My policy on white goods is to buy the one with the longest guarantee. If the manufacturer won’t stand behind it for five years, I ain’t buying it.

2 Likes

Finally worked out how to convert .mov file to .gif. Here’s the Tawney Owl going back to its normal location.

Tawney owl 2

14 Likes

Pan fail :grin:

Glad you got it looked after. great stuff!

Yep, Jan forgot about that bit :zipper_mouth_face:

wow . amazing mick . we have a habit of finding hedgehogs hibernating . found several in gardening revamps . last one had 5 hoglets and think i posted a thread about it somewhere . great the owl survived

Grouting the new shower room.

Dealing with gas pipe location issue in an old-skool style.

More bending than Dale Winton:

Luncheon served …

Just incase the Ambassador was coming. Exshelentay!

4 Likes

…a snot production factory :weary: