Today I have mainly been

wow , hope you recover soon

1 Like

Just because I havenā€™t built an LCR yet. It will happen before the 300B of legendā€¦

Lol, not you, people at work!

Did you get my mail, btw? Hopefully useful?

I did and it is.

Tasting Whisky.

My birthday was yesterday (calm down, only 64, nothing terminal). Jan bought me a whisky tasting evening and we had a great night.

https://www.moonshineandfuggles.com/.

Usual spiel of how whisky is distilled, then a brief introduction to the first one; history of the first distillery etc.

1. Hazelburn 10 year old
    ABV%: 46%
    Whisky Age: 10 Year Old
    Whisky Region: Campbeltown
  2. Ailsa Bay
    ABV%: 48.9%
    Whisky Region: Lowland
  3. ABV%: 46%
    Whisky Age: 14 Year Old
    Whisky Region: Highland

Really nice snack of a decent piece of Salmon and some sludge.

1. Bruichladdich Classic Laddie
    ABV%: 50%
    Whisky Region: Islay
  2. Highland Park
    ABV%: 51.4%
    Whisky Region: Highland
  3. Old Ballantruan 10 year old
    ABV%: 50%
    Whisky Age: 10 Year Old
    Whisky Region: Speyside

A quiz. We didnā€™t win. Something to with me not listening to the spiel.

Very nice night - off to bed now.

4 Likes

Sounds very nice, Mick. Happy Birthday too :+1:

1 Like

Packing.

Several happy return Michael. :slight_smile:

Why would anyone be interested in you going to Croatia? It really is the worst kind of attention seeking, just keep it to yourself like what the rest of us does !!!

On a more interesting note, we will soon be taking a break in Lyon, in the Auvergne-RhƓne-Alpes region of La belle Francais. Hourly (or possibly more frequent) updates with pictures will be posted :smile:

1 Like

Ffs another holiday? Iā€™m not even away on mine yet are youā€™re off on another. :frowning:

Fucking builders.

When you graft like we do for a pittance an occasional holiday is essential :+1:

1 Like

Builders always go on holidays when half way through a job, leaving all their tools all over your house for three weeks.

3 Likes

I have been grafting away on a Ā£16 million refurb. on this modest little cottage, a second home for, you guessed it, a banker :angry:

thumbnail_IMG_20170915_142625268

All part of the service :thumbsup:

1 Like

This afternoon I decided to fire up a working model steam engine I have, must be 5-10 years since it was last run. It is a Wilseco D20 iirc

Once the boiler is up to pressure thereā€™s considerable power, the fly wheel is 100mm diameter and takes some stopping when the regulator is wide open. Certainly wouldnā€™t want to catch your finger in the piston.
Its also very noisy, I did film it but the file is 200mb so too big to upload.

Boxed away again now for another 10yrs in the loft.

13 Likes
1 Like

To a giant marrow completion at Far Sawrey near Hawkshead. They were enormous! Easily the size of an advanced AA members torso. The winner was 110lb.

4 miles there and 6 back.

been at birthday celebration today , great to meet up with folks i know and new ones . I was going to the audio show in brum and had bought tickets but it was smaller than I thought so just spent sat there

Fishing with Ava.

15 Likes

Time for another turntable project?

3 Likes