Today I have mainly been

I have thought about it…
Need to find a doner TT, something thats got a heavy platter.

Do you have a sound proofed shed at the bottom of the garden to locate the engine in? :grinning:

1 Like

Will have to be a garage system…I’ve got a load of Meccano in the loft could use that to build a frame and gear down the rpm.

Here is the video…

3 Likes

Very fancy compared with my basic Mamod static engine. I like the speed adjust & governor that one has.

1 Like

… on a tour round the Bombay Sapphire distillery. Hic!

You could use the steam set to drive an alternator and then run the turntable off an electric motor. And you’d still be good for music after Donald’s taken it up the Jong-Un.

VB

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool!

1 Like

Thinking that Microsoft Office 365 sound be called Office 364.

Should

3 Likes

…in a fucking foul mood. Not quite sure why.

Menopause

Black dog

All your hopes and dreams have come to nought, and all you have left is posting on tinternet?

2 Likes

Ok I properly laughed at that one.

3 Likes

Get you some of that :+1:

3 Likes

Left the house at 7:30 this morning and went to Unst to collect the peat that had been stacked for drying. A lot of it needs more time, but the calendar is against us, so we got it all. Nearest we could get the trailers was 100 yds from the bank but luckily my partner in crime has a quad with a small trailer (he’s a crofter) so it was shuttle runs across the peat bog.

Just got back and I reckon we bagged 300+ plastic sacks full of the stuff. Loaded them on to the quad trailer (carries around 12 sacks) then transferred them to our bigger trailers parked on the track.

I’m now sat on the sofa drinking tea and watching the cricket while trying to decide which bit of me hurts the most. Tomorrow morning isn’t a time I’m looking forward to with any confidence. I suspect I’ll be quite pleased and somewhat surprised if I can walk.

11 Likes

You offering? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Almost felt sorry for you there, then I remembered you are living the dream and have virtually free heat for the winter :smiley:

1 Like

I’m feeling sorry enough for myself to make up for it!

Trying to focus at a training conference whilst work is mounting up back at the office.